This is entry-level: No official experience needed; all training is provided, BUT candidates are expected to be "fast learners" and "enthusiastic" (We follow the open-source culture rather than corporate culture.)
Skills/benefits you will earn:
1. How to contribute to open-source projects on Github, and learn skills in general Git workflow (git cli, branch models, ci/cd, Kanban, etc)
2. Build some Github resume by contributing to public repos
3. Get Canadian work experience. Successful candidates will received referrals as well
4. Work with experience developers in a professional settings, learn from them
5. Get code review by our team members
6. Meet new people in your field, build connections, make friends!
7. Have fun!
This is meant to be a part time job.
The work itself is remote, but for the sake of interview and future validation, at the moment we are hiring from two main locations:
1. Greater Toronto area
2. Kitchener/Waterloo (and nearby cities)
1. You must be authorized to work in Canada.
2. There is a one week trial employment (you will be compensated partially) for you and us to gauge whether this job is a fir for you.
How to apply:
Email a photo resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume should contain the following information:
* Complete name
* Your current location (city/province)
* Contact info (email)
* Education history
* Any relevant work experiences
Any resume lacking the above info will be NOT be considered
About us: Appears lab started as a small software development company in Vancouver, BC dedicated to build software for the need of small businesses is now expanding into other locations and also is in the process of moving some of its tools to open source. You can be part of this adventure!