また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
地元ネタで行こう
地元のことって、知っているようで意外と知らないもの。
超マイナーなネタを投稿して、スーパージモティを目指そう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.1235
学校について質問!!
by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2003/09/14 21:36:50

今学校を探してるものなんですが、びんぼうひまありって本あるじゃないですかぁ。そこに「Brian&Neko’s Place」って学校みたいなのがのってるんですが(P135)、授業料安くて惹かれてるんですがなんかうさんくさい感じもするんですが、どなたかここの事についてご存知の方おられたら教えて下さい!!

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/09/15 07:02:08

そこは発行者が経営している所だと思う。
何か怪しい  
Res.2 by 通ったことがあります from バンクーバー 2003/09/15 08:45:39

別に怪しくないですよ。
トライアルレッスンを受けてみてはいかがですか?
自分の目で確かめるのが一番です。  
Res.3 by ぺと from バンクーバー 2003/09/26 22:28:20

猫好きの男性の先生!?とお喋りを楽しむところです、これといって文法を習うわけでもなく、間違いを直してくれるわけでもなく、3,4人でお喋りをする場所です。学校っていう感じではないですよ。  
Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/09/28 03:27:24

あれだけの情報を無償で提供してる人が怪しいとは思えない。嫌なら辞めればいい。あの本は良く出来てるし。最初はずいぶん助かった。今も一冊家にあります。

感謝!!  
Res.5 by Brian Grover from バンクーバー 2004/04/12 11:40:12

Thanks for the positive comments. I’m just writing to correct a few misconceptions about Brian & Neko’s Place.

First of all, I do indeed correct students’ mistakes. I do so far more than your average ESL school with 15 students in the class quite simply because it is impossible to reach such a large group effectively. That’s why I came up with the idea of Brian & Neko’s Place. I do not correct every mistake because if I did students would have no time to talk. I usually focus on the biggest problems first then fine tune the English as time goes by. I also don’t do much correction during the first week or two because it’s a delicate period during which it is more important to build rapport in preparation for later correction.

Yes I do teach grammar, I teach it every day. Students are not always aware that they are learning grammar but they are learning nonetheless. Just like children learn grammar from their parents but never know it. I do not use boring mark sheets and dull grammar exercises because no one learns anything from those kinds of activities. They are used by many teachers in large groups to pretend to teach while killing time because real teaching requires thought and energy and many in the ESL industry are in it for the money, nothing else. I call this assembly line teaching and I don’t do it. If this is what you think real teaching is then go to an ESL school.

A guy can’t like cats? It’s no weirder than a guy spending all his time cruising a forum [BBS] like JP Canada cowardly making secret, anonymous comments about things he knows nothing about.

Binbo Hima Ari is published by my wife Manami Kimura and I’m an advertiser. I hope you enjoy the publication. A new edition is coming out around May 1st. It’s at the printer’s now.

If you are curious about Brian & Neko’s Place join us for a free trial lesson. Drop in to my website [www.neko.ca] to read more or send e-mail. We are the only school in Vancouver that offers a money back guarantee. We also offer a free month of tuition if you can beat me with a language [grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, etc] question. Nobody has claimed the prize yet. No other school would dare to make such an offer.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Brian Grover
Brian & Neko’s Place
www.neko.ca  
地元ネタで行こうトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network