また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
パソコン勉強室
パソコンやインターネットに関する事なら何でもOKです。
協力し合いながら、皆でパソコンに強くなりましょう。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.332
I can’t use Japanese fonts!
by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/26 08:36:32

I have become unable to write Japanese with my computer since I installed the software Office XP. I can still read Japanese on a web or e-mails. I used to have a little icon in the right corner, near bottom. The same line as START. My computer is COMPAQ presario and has english environment. What I used to handle Japanese was a microsoft program GLABAL IME. When I open ”PROGRAM” from the start, I still see ”global IME” in it. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to download ”global IME” again? Please solve this nasty situation.

Res.1 by 小心者 from 無回答 2002/11/26 12:33:03

XPにはグローバルIMEみたいなもの(またはそれ)が入っているのでまたダウンロードする必要はありません。
コントロールパネルのregional optionかkeybordの設定で変更するんだったと思います。今手元にXPマシンが無いので、とりあえずそれだけしか言えませんが。。。  
Res.2 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/26 16:42:41

Thank you so much for your quick response. I’ll check the control panel.  
Res.3 by 小心者 from 無回答 2002/11/26 21:26:29

見つけられましたか?一応書いておきます。
Regional and Language Option → Languages → Text services and input languages の Details → Intalled services でJapaneseがなければaddで追加。
Key Settingsで英語←→日本語の切り替えの仕方を指定できます。  
Res.4 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/27 06:58:12

I checked the control panel and found ”Regional settings”. But I couldn’t change to Japanese. Their original installation didn’t have Japanese and I couldn’t overwrite it. How do I add Japanese to it please? Regional settings only showed me that what computer is using to operate and I didn’t think I could change it. The keyboard that you said in Res1, on the other hand, had ”Language” area, too. It said ’add’but I coldn’t figure out how to add. When I hit ”add”, a little pop-up came out, but again, I couldn’t write anything over in the field.
Sorry to bother you many times, but you seem to know a lot about computer.  
Res.5 by 小心者 from 無回答 2002/11/27 08:57:57

すみませんでした。激しく勘違いをしておりました。OSがXPかと思ってしまったので・・・

Global IME使ったことないのですが、一つのプログラムなんですよね。でしたら、Start→programsの中に入っていてそれを起動させると打てるようになるとかはないですか?
後はおっしゃられているように再インストールくらいしか私には分かりません。
あと、私はPCに詳しくはないですので、他の方のコメントも待ってみてはいかがでしょう?(他力本願)  
Res.6 by ご意見番 from バンクーバー 2002/11/27 10:15:58

Microsoft OFFICEをxpにupgradeすると今まで使っていたglobal IMEが使えなくなりますので、下記サイトからOffice xp用のglobal IMEをダウンロードしてインストールすれば使えるようになるはずです。 
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/imejpn.aspx  
Res.7 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/28 13:29:14

Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate that. I went to the site that you linked to this page. I downloaded and installed the program for office XP. I noticed the language bar shows up when I use ”word”or ”powerpoint”. When I access to Hotmail, however, the bar does not show up and I am still unable to write Japanese. Now I am wondering if the new Global IME is just for these office XP programs or I am missing some process then can not use it for Hotmail. The old version of global IME allowed me to write Japanese on hotmail site or like here JPCANADA. Do you have any ideas? GOIKENBAN-san, SHOSHINMONO-san or someone who has experienced this problem. I would very much like to write Japanese here on Jpcanada, too!!!  
Res.8 by ご意見番 from バンクーバー 2002/11/28 13:43:55

ところであなたのOSは何を使っていますか?

However, if you are using Microsoft Windows® 2000 and Internet Explorer 5.5, you must install Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 1 and Internet Tools.

Res.9 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/28 14:00:32

My computer is run by windows ME.  
Res.10 by SOGABE from E.VANCOUVER 2002/11/29 15:56:14

Japanese Language Pack はインストールしましたか?
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/ie_ja.aspx  
Res.11 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/29 22:50:39

Dear res 10
Yes, I just installed the Japanese Language Pack, but I still can’t see the little Language bar( use to switch languages). What’s wrong with my computer,,,,,,? I checked the controll panel to see if there were any sections that I can use to create the language bar on the screen. I set the setting ”show the language bar” but I don’t see it! I wish I had a Japanese computer.  
Res.12 by 小心者 from 3ヶ月なら 2002/11/30 20:40:03

IMEが起動しているならタスクバーに表示されるので無駄だとは思うのですが、、、
「~」またはAlt+「~」で英語・日本語切り替えできるのですが、試されていないのなら試してください。  
Res.13 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/11/30 23:41:12

couln’t switch languages by pressing `~ and Alt. Thank you, though. I would like to try every single possile thing.  
Res.14 by SOGABE from E.VANCOUVER 2002/12/02 11:46:59

まだダメですか・・・。
ネットで検索すると、ほぼ同じ環境(WinMe、GlobalIME2002)のIE6で韓国語が打てないというケースがありましたが、これも解決できていないようです。
もしかするとOSとの組合せによるのかもしれませんが、Microsoftの技術情報を検索しても該当する記述は見つかりませんでした。
GlobalIMEをこれから使う方の為にも、なんとか解決法を見つけたいと思いますので、もしよろしければ、一度見させていただけますか?
asobe@yd6.so-net.ne.jp

Res.15 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/12/03 15:39:29

It’s very nice of you to say so. Actually, a friend of my husband does all kinds of computer softwares and he is coming to take a look at it sooner. Though, I might have to ask you if he can not figure out how to fix it.
Again, thank you so much.  
Res.16 by SOGABE from E.VANCOUVER 2002/12/03 16:43:22

もし、お友達が解決できたなら、その方法をここに書き込んでおいてください。よろしく。  
Res.17 by same here!! from バンクーバー 2002/12/03 20:22:15

I have been having the exactly same problem for at least 2 weeks!!
My OS is also WinME, and Office XP. I did try uninstall and install for few times, but it is not working.
Strange thing is, I could type in Japanese for a while, but all of sudden I am unable to type. I can type only in outlook express.
When your problem is solved, please write how you do it in here!!
I am so desperate!  
Res.18 by Thank you for your help from バンクーバー 2002/12/04 06:13:37

Sure, will tell you when I solve this frustrating situation.
It really shouldn’t happen, but I guess the technology is too advanced to handle nowadays.  
Res.19 by same here! from バンクーバー 2002/12/13 20:28:16

Thank you for your help-san, how is it going after? Did you get fixed the problem yet? I am holding it until you fix it, too. I hope you will be able to do it asap.  
Res.20 by same here!! from 無回答 2003/02/01 22:26:41

Thank you for your helpさん、お久しぶりです。その後いかがですか?
私は、あまりにも不自由なので結局思い切ってOSをWindowsXPに変えてしまいました。するとあんだけ頭を悩ましていた日本語打ちも、この通り打てるようになりました。
しかし・・・・。長かったです。ここまでくるのに・・・。私もあれから自分なりに修理の人に聞いたりしていたのですが、どうやらやはりOS(WindowsME)に問題があるのが多いらしい・・・ですよ。
とにかく私は、あの環境では治すことができませんでした。  
パソコン勉強室トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network