また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
英語を話したい
多かれ少なかれ、みなさん英語の習得には苦労しているはず!
ここで英語の知識を共有して、英語のスキルアップをしましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.3825
ちょっと難しい文ですが、教えてください。急いでます(汗)
by あや! from 日本 2005/02/04 00:54:06

I wanted to go abroad to study in Toronto this summer,but It’s a little bit of a stretch..because

今年の夏にトロントに留学したかったけどちょっと無理っぽい、だって語学学校(OR ESL)ってプログラムの始まる期間が決まってるから。

ここのBecauseのあとの続きがどう人に説明したらいいのかわかりません。すごく急いでるのですが、良かったら教えてください。返事待ってます。

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/02/04 01:41:57

I wish I could study in Toronto this summer, but I can’t. Because I can’t go there before the program starts.  
Res.2 by あや from 日本 2005/02/04 06:08:08

すごく助かりました。ありがとうございました。このときはプログラムだけでも通じるのですね^^  
Res.3 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/02/04 07:23:12

can’t go there なわけではないので、
I wish I could go to Toronto to study English in ESL school but it seems difficult because I can’t have lessons until the course starts.
とかどう?  
Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/02/04 09:26:01

>can’t go there なわけではないので、
なぜでしょうか?

>I wish I could go to Toronto to study English in ESL school
少しくどいと思うのですが、どうでしょう?
I wish I could study Eglish at ESL school in Totonto
の法がすっきりしていると思いますが。

>it seems difficult
ここでdifficultってのも日本語直訳的な気がします。

>because I can’t have lessons until the course starts.
コースが始まるまで誰もレッスンを受けられないのは当たり前なので、こういう言い方は変な気がします。  
Res.5 by rose from バンクーバー 2005/02/04 10:23:32

Dear Mukaito Res.4.
Isn’t it too rude to correct others? I’m in shock that only the negative comments were made by you. In my opinion, everybody’s english is Alright. DO NOT CORRECT THEM!

To be back to the original question,
How about this,
I thought about flying to Toronto for an ESL, but it’s not likely to be happen because the school offers the course at the specific time that I can not make it.

Res.6 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/02/04 17:36:44

Dear res5
Res3 corrected me first, but what you wrote is totally right. It is nonsense to try to make the best sentence, let alone correct others. As you wrote, there are thousands ways to describe a thing. I was wrong. You made me see the light. Thank you.

RES3さん、失礼しました。  
Res.7 by RES.3 from 無回答 2005/02/05 06:07:52

can’t go there を訂正したのが気に障ったみたいで申し訳ないです。
どうやらthereは学校のことを指してらしたみたいですね。読んだときにTorontoをさしてらっしゃるのかと思ってしまって、トロントにいけないわけではないと思うのでという意味で「can’t go there なわけではないので」と書いたのです。
私の誤解がいけなかったので、気分を害されてのRES.4のような文章に対して謝っていただく必要はないです。失礼いたしました。  
Res.8 by anon from トロント 2005/02/20 21:04:49

Hey Rose,

I am not sure what the purpose of a thread like this is if people can’t correct each other.

For example, your comment had four or five major grammatical errors.I could correct them for you if you like, and then maybe you’ll learn something.

If people on this message board get hurt because someone corrects their English, than they aren’t going to make it.

People learn from their mistakes - it’s okay to make mistakes. What is not okay is, to ignore mistakes.  
Res.9 by rose from バンクーバー 2005/02/27 11:23:01

Hi anon,
I have no purpose on learning English but surviving in Canada, having a good life here, far from being afraid of making mistakes! so please do not correct my wrong English, even my husband and girlfriends don’t correct me but just laugh at funny and good mistakes I make. I’m happy with that. There’re Japanese young kids who are used to be pointed at their mistakes while learning. But it is Canada here. Even thhere’re a lot of Canadians, children and elderly people and the immigrants make a lot of mistakes. They learn the correct way of saying from their mistakes. If only mistakes are kept pointed they don’t want to challenge speaking to the local Canadians, which slows their learning processes. If you got what the truth is, be good! It was my advice to you.  
Res.10 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/02/27 15:59:09

ROSEさん、でもここは語学の掲示板なんですよ。だから間違いを指摘しないと、その間違いを正しいと思って記憶しちゃう人がたくさん出てきちゃうんですよね。個人的に直さないでほしいのなら、ご自身のレスに ”正しいかどうかわからないですが、私はこう言います。間違いの訂正はしないでください。”って書くとかさ。

友達との会話ならグラマーや発音のおかしいところは笑って聞き流すけど、同じ間違いを何度もするようなら指摘します。友達どうしの恥なら笑ってすごせるけど。。。仲良しなら指摘。知り合いや初対面の人に間違いの指摘はしません。
ポイントは、間違い一つだけならタイポの可能性があるけど、似たような間違いを繰り返してる人は間違いに気がついていない可能性が高いんです。間違いを指摘されても気後れしない’肝っ玉’を持たないと上達が遅くなると思います。

Res.11 by Lily from 無回答 2005/02/27 20:06:20

I’m totally agree with Res.10.
Rose, I don’t think you have no idea what you’re talking about.
If you are not interested in improving your Egnlish,that’s OK. But this place is for those who want to learn and are trying to be better.
It’s OK to make a mistake,of course, but it’s NOT OK if you didn’t know you were making a mistake.  
Res.12 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/02/28 00:39:45

>間違いを指摘しないと、その間違いを正しいと思って記憶しちゃう人がたくさん出てきちゃうんですよね。

もっともらしーけどそんな奴はあんまり居ないんじゃねーの。もし居たとしてもそいつはその時点で終わっているね。普通はどんな回答にもreason and reasoningは必須でしょう。  
Res.13 by 無回答 from 無回答 2005/03/01 05:40:47

英語教授法を学んだものです。エラーコレクションについて賛否ありますが、結論から言うと、エラーコレクションは「しないのもだめだし、しすぎるのもだめ」です。

しないのが何故だめかというと、当然のことながら、正しい知識が身につかないからです。しすぎると何故だめかというと、学習者が正しい英語を意識するあまり、コミュニケーションに障害がでるからです。英語で話しているとき、或いは何かメッセージを書いたときに、すべてのエラーを訂正されたら、コミュニケーションの意欲は下がります。また逆に相手が正しい英語を意識するあまり、会話中に何度も言い直したり、わからないことをいちいち質問してきたら、聞いている方はコミュニケーションの意欲を失います。

>間違いを指摘しないと、その間違いを正しいと思って記憶しちゃう人がたくさん出てきちゃうんですよね。

これは実際には起きません。間違いを他人に指摘されなくても、その場では気づかなくても、そのうち自分で間違いに気づいて自らエラーコレクションをすることが出来ます。

英語を話したいトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network