多かれ少なかれ、みなさん英語の習得には苦労しているはず!
ここで英語の知識を共有して、英語のスキルアップをしましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.3080
上司の隣の・・・
by yaya! from 日本 2004/05/25 04:08:08

昨日ね。会社で上司にネットしてるのばれて、今日から上司のすぐ隣の席になっちゃった:(

この上記の文の言い方教えて下さい。
well... I got scolded by my boss about my Internet,so i am sitting right next to my boss from now....

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/05/25 16:45:57

こんなのはどうでしょうか。

My boss found me out surfing on a net, so he put me next to his desk.  
Res.2 by yaya! from 日本 2004/05/25 17:19:48

res1さん、シンプルで分かりやすい表現ですごくいいと思います。ありがとうございましたー。  
Res.3 by 無回答 from トロント 2004/05/25 17:29:07

レス1さんのFound me outにはちょっと、”うーん?”です。

My boss found out that I was surfing the net, so I have to sit right next to him from now on...
と、私なら言います。  
Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/05/25 18:41:05

one example of English conversation:

Do you know what did happen to me yesterday?
I was busted and have to sit right next to my boss (OR so close to him) who wants to keep his eyes on me (while working).
This is the punishment of what I’ve done, my own (personal) net surfing.

Res.5 by yaya! from 日本 2004/05/26 17:17:03

Res4さんの文もすごく好きです。みなさんいろいろアドバイス有難うございました。  
Res.6 by Dana from 無回答 2004/05/27 02:04:37

★Res-4さんの文はとても素敵ですね、私も好きです。ちょっとあれと思うところがありますので失礼させて下さいね。
Do you know what HAPPENED(did happenでなく) to me yesterday?
I was busted and have to sit right next to my boss from today.
He wants to keep his eyes on me (while working).
This is the punishment FOR ME SURFING THE NET IN COMPANY TIME.

★found me outは別に大丈夫と思うんですよ!この場合の意味はCaughtにもなるからです。もしRes-1さんのフレーズを使うのであれば私はこう書きますね。。
My boss found me out surfing on the net yesterday, so he has put me next to his desk today.  

★良かったらこちらも参考してみてね。
My boss caught me surfing the net, so I have to sit right next to him from now on...

★個人的一番好きなのはRes-3さんのフレーズですけどね。。
あっ、御免なさい、独り言でした。ー  
Res.7 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/05/27 11:52:39

This is Res.4
Here you’re again to show off such nonsense and many babbling.
Haven’t you noticed that your expression is NOT smooth conversation, is more like direct translation of Japanese English? I repeated and pointed out this many times before.
Tell you one thing; you’re NOT yaya! ; got it? No one cares whether you like it or not.

**Do you know what HAPPENED (did happenでなく) to me yesterday? **

We North American speak this way ”did happen”, & I wonder why your expression in English is somewhat ordinary Japanese. “DID” is emphasizing the matter more.

★ 良かったらこちらも参考してみてね。
My boss caught me surfing the net, so I have to sit right next to him from now on...

Above “My boss caught me” is NOT sounds like native English speaker.
Should say “I got caught by boss”; “got” is also commonly used.

In last, DO NOT messes around here with your own PERSONAL feelings.
After all, you’re not yaya!

Res.8 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/05/27 15:18:17

RESー7って、ひどい英語なのにやけに偉そうですね。ほんとアホウザイ!

Res.9 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/05/27 16:19:14

I think the mods should ban this person’s (Res 7) IP address.

It’s getting pretty annoying lately, not to mention the fact his/her postings are not helping anyone’s English.  
Res.10 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/05/27 23:28:34

***ご本人の要望により削除***

Jpcanada.com  
Res.11 by Dana from 無回答 2004/05/27 23:32:10

いつもの攻撃さん(Res-7さん)へ
自分が作った(書いた)フレーズを他人に直されると、確かに気分が悪くなる事がありますね。お気持ちはお察ししますが。

ただ、こちらは英語のコーナーなので、間違っている箇所があったら、教えあう事によって上手くなっていくのが本旨じゃないでしょうか?

私は英語以外の言葉を勉強した際に相当苦労していましたと同様に、貴方が英語の習得にはそれなりの苦労しているはずと確信します。

何度も言ってありますが、言い回しは人によって沢山あります。ただ、どれがより自然的に、かつ文法的に合うのが問題です。

いずれにして、これ以上私に”Danaはnative English speakerじゃない”を言いたかったら、どうぞご自由に。こんな事を言うのが大変失礼かも知れませんが、it is very strange to have a non-native English speaker tell me that I am not a native speaker。

それでは、貴方が書いたRes-7の文書を含めた全体的に訂正(添削)させてもらいます。
Well, I think you must be joking right!? Ok, let me go through and correct your ’corrections’ - actually you are making me laugh because your English has many mistakes and you are telling me that I am not a native speaker, but you are telling me in bad English - pretty funny actually! Anyway, here goes....My corrections and comments are in red coloured font, ok?

>Here you’re again to show off such nonsense and many babbling
→’Here you go again, showing off and talking nonsense’

>Haven’t you noticed that your expression is NOT smooth conversation, is more like direct translation of Japanese English? I repeated and pointed out this many times before.
→’Don’t you realise that your corrections are not in smooth English - more like a direct translation from Japanese to English?’

>Tell you one thing; you’re NOT yaya! ; got it? No one cares whether you like it or not.
→’I’ll tell you something, you are not ”yaya”, got it?

**Do you know what HAPPENED to me yesterday? **
→私Danaが書いたこのフレーズはどこが問題があるのでしょうか?(I can’t correct this because it is already correct and native English)

>We North American speak this way ”did happen”, & I wonder why your _expression in English is somewhat ordinary Japanese. “DID” is emphasizing the matter more.
→’ We North Americans (do you mean Canadians or Americans?) say it this way ”Did happen” (wrong) and I don’t know why your English expression is similar to basic Japanese (I have no idea what you are talking about here and I cannot believe you are a native English speaking North American - if you are, did you go to school?←こんな言い方をして、先に謝らせて頂きます).

**My boss caught me surfing the net, so I have to sit right next to him from now on...**
→このフレーズもどこが問題があるのでしょうか???I can’t correct this because it is already correct and native English。

>Above “My boss caught me” is NOT sounds like native English speaker.
→ ’My boss caught me’ does not sound like a native English speaker’ (Actually,It is exactly a native English speakers style)

>Should say “I got caught by boss”; “got” is also commonly used.
→ ’You should say ”I got caught by my boss” , ”got” is also commonly used.( Yes it is but it is not better than ’My boss caught me’ actually it should be ’I was caught by my boss’ but lower level conversation English uses ’got’ for many things.

>In last, DO NOT messes around here with your own PERSONAL feelings. After all, you’ re not yaya!
→ ’Finally, donot express your personal feelings here. After all, you are not ”yaya”

Now, as a final word to this message, firstly, all your corrections are wrong and I have corrected your corrections for you - see how funny this is? Secondly, all you are doing here is confusing the good people who are REALLY TRYING to improve their English so don’t waste everybody’s time and please go to a basic English class instead - you really need it. Thirdly, I hope that you are only joking when you send these messages because if you aren’t, then you must be a pretty messed up unit (do you understand this idiom?)  
Res.12 by Dana from 無回答 2004/05/27 23:38:23

yayaさん へ

どこまで参考になれるかどうかは、分かりかねますが、私が書いたResー6は合ってるので、良かったら使って見てください。

そして違った展開になってしまっていて、大変申し訳ありません。  
英語を話したいトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network