また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
英語を話したい
多かれ少なかれ、みなさん英語の習得には苦労しているはず!
ここで英語の知識を共有して、英語のスキルアップをしましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.2007
JIMさんなら自夢さん。どう説明すればいいの?
by 怒らせちゃった〜 from バンクーバー 2003/09/18 01:50:47

前通っていた学校の先生が自分の名前を漢字で表現してたので(例えばJimさんだったら自夢)この間Cooperという名前の人に『This is your Japanese character name. It means sky wave』と言って『空波』と書いた紙をあげました。
しかし、この間その人が『僕の名前は日本語でSKY WAVEっていう意味なんでしょ?』と日本人に聞いた時に『何言ってるの??違うよ。』と言われてしまいました。
その時どう説明したらいいのか、どう言って渡せば誤解を招かずにすんだのか分からずに結局怒らせてしまいました。
なんとか誤解を解きたいので何か言い表現方法があったら教えてください☆

Res.1 by クエン酸 from 日本 2003/09/18 03:43:29

I’m very sorry if you were annoyed. Trust me, I did not intend to embarass you by any means. The problem is that spelling your name in Chinese characters is not unique. We use thousands of Chinese characters, each of which represents some particular meaning. So there are tons of different characters that can fit a given pronunciation. It’s completely different from English, where each letter represents some pronunciation. So, there are many many possible spelling of your name in Chinese characters. Perhaps (s)he imagined a different spelling from that I gave you. To make the matter worse, in Japanese, we traditionally lack the pronunciation ”p”, so there’s no Chinese character which can represent ”p” in your name. I thought ”h” would be the best approximation --- my spelling actually reads ”ku-ha”. That perhaps made it even more difficult to make him(her) understand why it could be related with your name. I am sorry if you’re unhappy about it, but that was the best I could do. And I did my best to give you the spelling with a nice meaning. ”Sky” and ”Wave” look great, don’t they? I tried to give you the best spelling I could invent.
I hope you could understand my intention, and also the subtlety about our language. It wouldn’t be easy to make others understand by spelling European name in Chinese characters, whatever characters you chose. It’s always safer to use the alphabet, or the Japanese alphabet that represents pronunciation. I just thought it’s fun to give you Chinese characters with beautiful meaning. There are some Westerners who love to spell their name in Chinese characters, but usually they have to explain how it works, even to Japanese. I hope you could understand.

Res.2 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/09/19 11:12:45

クエン酸すごい〜!いつも親切に回答されてますね。トピ主さんじゃないですが、勉強になりました。  
Res.3 by 怒らせちゃった〜 from バンクーバー 2003/09/20 22:59:48

トピ主です。クエン酸さん!!本当にありがとうございました!今日やっと彼に伝える事が出来ました。それにとても勉強になりました!!クエン酸さんの様に表現できる人になれるよう頑張ります!!ありがとうございました★  
英語を話したいトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network