また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
ファミリールーム
出産、育児、家事、マイホーム、教育、…。海外での生活はいろいろと大変!
そんな悩みや情報をこの場で共有して、みんなで助け合っていきましょう。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.4004
SUMIKOMI BABYSITTER
by Anne from バンクーバー 2004/07/26 03:12:10

9/1 Free rent and food in return for babysitting. Looking for a Japanese girl to babysit 3 times a week, in return you will get your own room (fully furnished with bed, desk, phone, and TV) free rent and meals.
You don’t have to babysit on weekends, or after 5PM so you can get a job somewhere else. We are an English speaking family, but I speak Japanese. Please call Anne for an interview (604) 437-8479

Res.1 by what a bad deal from バンクーバー 2004/07/26 09:12:46

Innocent Japanese ladies, don’t make a fool of yourselves! This is an illegal. Minimum wage is $8 per hour, and the maximum rent that can be charged to live-in nanny per month is $350. Now you see that this is really a bad deal. By the way, I saw this ad many times. This lady is very mean, but also very shitsukoi!  
Res.2 by Anne from バンクーバー 2004/07/27 00:30:13

Hello,
This is Anne. What I am doing is NOT illegal. IF you think that, you can call me and talk to me directly. I am currently looking for a live in babysitter (nanny) IF you want to call it that because I finish my mat.leave and will be starting work soon.
Why would you wirte something like this when you have no idea who I am, or what I am looking for? I am sorry to hear that you think this way......
We are just looking for someone to take care of our child. I would like for you to call me and explain to me what I am doing wrong.Thank you

Res.3 by Bad deal again and again and again from バンクーバー 2004/07/27 00:47:02

Res.4 by There are some more... from バンクーバー 2004/07/27 01:01:21

Res.5 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/27 09:43:50

Leave her alone!
People don’t have any idea how expensive the childcare is in this country and how difficult for mothers to work outside in this country.
I’m Japanese, but I don’t think what Anne-san is doing is wrong. If someone is interested in this and understands the deal and takes the job, that’s something between the person and Anne-san.
If you don’t think it’s a bad deal, don’t take it, but it might sounds good deal for someone else. Who knows?

I hope Anne-san finds a way to keep her children home and can keep her job.

Good Luck!  
Res.6 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/27 09:45:48

Leave her alone!
People don’t have any idea how expensive the childcare is in this country and how difficult for mothers to work outside in this country.
I’m Japanese, but I don’t think what Anne-san is doing is wrong. If someone is interested in this and understands the deal and takes the job, that’s something between the person and Anne-san.
If you think it’s a bad deal, don’t take it, but it might sounds good deal for someone else. Who knows?

I hope Anne-san finds a way to keep her children home and can keep her job.

Good Luck!  
Res.7 by working mom from バンクーバー 2004/07/27 10:36:02

I am a working mom, and pay a nanny PROPER salary. It’s not easy financially, but I couldn’t take an advantage from any other person. I don’t think many working mom are rich, and we try our best for the best interest of our child and ouselves. By the way, I’m wondering why Anne is only interested in hiring a Japanese lady, it’s because easy to use or easy to deceive?  
Res.8 by Res 1 from バンクーバー 2004/07/28 10:49:11

Hi Anne, illegal is illegal. You can check with the Minister of the Labour. I have a right to share my knowledge, just like you have a right to express your wish. You think I don’t know how hard it would be, working and taking care of kids???!!! According to CBC, 60 % of mothers in Canada work outside as well. It’s all up to you, if you want to take an advantage from others. All I was trying to do is to warn innocent people.  
Res.9 by It's ILLEGAL from バンクーバー 2004/07/28 11:30:46

このトピ主さんは、何度も同じトピを立てていて、そのたびに違法だといわれているのに懲りないようですね。BC州の法律では、住み込みの労働者について、特別に規定を設けています。
http://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/domestics/obligations.htm

住み込み労働者の最低賃金は時給8ドル。1日8時間を超える部分については、1.5倍ですから、時給12ドルです。1日9時間、週3回働いた場合、週給は

(8x8 + 12x1) = 228ドル

月4週あったとして、月給は

228ドル x 4 = 912ドル

です。一方、宿泊費・食事代として請求できる額は、月325ドルまでと決まっています。したがって、最低、月587ドル支払わなければ違法です。

また、家内労働者の場合、雇用者は労働者を州のEmployment Standards Branch Domestic Registry に登録する必要があります。

労働法の知識がなく、おとなしい日本人女性を違法に働かせようとするのは許せないですね。

Res.10 by Anne from バンクーバー 2004/07/28 13:45:22

To all interested people....

I understand why you are mad. Please understand WHY I am looking for a Japanese girl before you start to get critical. I am Japanese-Canadaian myself, and I have NO intensions of taking advantage of Japanese girls. I just wanted my child to have the option of being spoken to in Japanese becuase Japanese is my 2nd language. I do appreciate the fact that you wrote all the rules on the site, But I was upset that you wrote that I was a MEAN lady??? becuase of this, I have had many many prank calls (itazura denwa) all throughout the day and night (as late as 3AM) My number was unlisted, but because I was told by a Japanese friend of mine about this web-site I decieded that is would be safe to list my number here. Now we are dealing with prank calls (as many as 20-30 day) all staring in the last 2 days. I am sorry IF I have inconvenienced anyone in anyway, I will try to look for other options. PS all that came to interview for the job KNOW what the REAL PAY is. and I just wanted to say THANK you for taking the time to come and meet with us.
For the others, again I didn’t mean any harm in anyway, just a young NEW mom looking for a way to keep my family going too (*.*)  
Res.11 by Mayumi from バンクーバー 2004/07/28 14:04:08

Anne-san,
You should know one thing about using Japanese site, Most people are negaive and will write bad things, Japanese/Japanese love to get involed in other people’s business, most are women who don’t work and have lots of time on their hands, so they go and read all the things.I think you are very brave and trying very hard for the love of your child. Keep trying and someone nice will soon come.  
Res.12 by WHAT's the REAL PAY, Anne? from 無回答 2004/07/28 14:36:55

Anne, if you insist what you are doing is not illegal, why don’t you tell us WHAT the REAL PAY is, IN ADDITION TO free rent and food. You’ve posted numerous adds so far but never mentioned PAY until you had many itazura denwa. I belive your first intention was to get cheep babysitting in exchange for free room and board, like you keep saying. In some of your adds, you even emphasized the words FREE RENT in order to make it sound very good deal to take advantage of innocent Japanese girls.  
Res.13 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/28 15:32:55

そんなの当事者間で互いの利益に納得してやってればいいことじゃん。なに第三者が被害者ぶってぎゃーぎゃー騒いでんの?ほんと暇人のおせっかい! それにいい大人がイタ電だなんて聞いて呆れるわ!
だいたいinnocent girlって誰のこと!? 海外までのこのこやってきて自分の身さえ守る術を知らないお嬢ちゃまは「純粋な人」なんかじゃなくて、無知で世間知らずな甘ちゃんです。バカは一度くらいトピ主のような人に使われて、せいぜい痛い目にあって目を覚ました方がいいわね!

Res.14 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/28 15:49:33

一番騒いでるのは下の人だよね。(笑)
知らないでしょうけど、労働法って、当人同士が合意しても違法は違法なんですよ。
自分の身を守る術を身に着けてないのと、それを利用するのとどっちが悪いの?
あなたが今まで無事でいられたのは、運がよかっただけかもしれませんよね。
せいぜい痛い目にあって、なんてひどいこと平気でよく言いますね。ああ怖い。

でもまあ、ともかくこの話に乗るとひどい目に合うというところでは、意見が一致してるわけですね。  
Res.15 by 無回答 from カナダ 2004/07/28 17:00:31

レス13さんって、今まで誰の力も借りずにご自分の身を守ってきたご立派な方なんでしょうね。私はいろんな人に助けられて生きてきましたから、注意してくれる人がいるのはありがたいし、自分も気がつけば注意しようと思います。

コメントを読んで行くか行かないか決めるのはそれぞれですから。  
Res.16 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/28 17:10:09

これで決まり! イタ電の主=Res14 ほんとネクラで嫌な人!
せいぜい偽善者ぶってカナダ中の違法労働を摘発してくださいな。ごくろうーさま!  
Res.17 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/28 23:57:44

色々なコメント 馬鹿らしいと思います。 この広告に興味があるのではなく ただ批判して 考えを主張したい方は もう返答しない事を薦めます。
Non of your businessですよ。 批判した事でいたずら電話の迷惑がかかっている事を 申し訳ないと改めて考えて下さい。 労働法とか言っていますが はっきり言ってこれは、 興味のある方が連絡してこの方と話し、色々と決めればいい事です。 あなた方の心配する事ではありませんよ。 この方は人を騙そうとして広告をだしてる訳ではないと思います。 それにイノセントの日本人女性求む!とはどこにも書いてありません。 きっとイノセントな方では ベイビーシッターには無理なので あちらから断るのでは? 子供を世話するのは かなり大変ですから。 イノセント?というよりも何も知らないマナーの無い日本人の方少なくないと思います。 他人に迷惑をかける、いたずら電話をしている方達もその1人ですね。 小さな子供の家庭なんですから いたずら電話や夜中の電話は誰よりも子供が可哀相ですよ。 この広告は皆さんが批判を言い合う為のものでは ないと思います。 興味のある方のみが連絡をすればいいのでは? 返答をしなければ このくだらない会話は終わると思うので もう批判の方は返答をするのは止めた方がいいですね。 主旨のずれている方々は他の事に時間を費やした方がいいと思います。  
Res.18 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/29 05:37:04

このトピ主さんは後になってPAYとか言い出してるけど、トピを読めば、本当は部屋と食事だけでベビーシッターをやらせようとしていたことは明らかですよ。私もずっとこのトピは不愉快に思っていました。いたずら電話までは思いつかなかったけれど。正しい法律の情報を書き込んでくれるのがなぜいけないんでしょうか。いろいろな情報を書き込んでくれて、判断材料が増えるのはありがたいと思います。というか、それが掲示板本来の機能なんじゃありませんか。応募する人だって、いろんな情報を知った上で、交渉するなり妥協するなりできたほうがいいですよね。いたずら電話をかける連中は、アホとしか言いようがありませんが、それはコメントした人の責任ではないです。  
Res.19 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/29 06:47:47

穴に落ちかけてる人を見たら、知らない人にでも「危ない!」って教えませんか?
「気付かない方が悪い。落ちて痛い目にあえばいい。」というのは、ちょっとまともじゃないと思います。
詐欺まがいの仕事の書き込みに対して、「これは怪しい」と警告が書き込まれることがありますがあれもいけないんでしょうか。それでイタ電が殺到したら、警告した人が悪いんですか?

リンク先を見ましたが、このトピ主さんは、前からタダ働きさせるのは違法だと何度もコメントされていながら、一度も給料を支払うと言ったことがないし、きちんと説明をしたこともないですね。やましいところがないのなら、「お給料はお支払いします」程度のことは普通言うし、そうすればイタ電を受けることはなかったのではないでしょうか。  
Res.20 by 二児の母 from 無回答 2004/07/29 08:03:14

ベビーシッターにお金を払うのは当たり前ですよ。
住み込みナニーさんにだって、みんな払ってるでしょ。
このトピ主さん、new momだかなんだか知らないけど、ちょっと常識ないと思います。  
Res.21 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 09:10:19

she is only asking for 3 times a week. if its like full time i think she should pay something but rent is free and so is food! thats already some sort of payment. you can also work after 5 or weekends and you also have 2 weekdays off to find work. i really dont see what is so illegal or wrong about this arrangement. and hyes, i DID look at the website by the government. you also get a bed, desk, phone AND TV. Anne, dont even litsen to what these people are saying.  
Res.22 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 09:11:16

she is only asking for 3 times a week. if its like full time i think she should pay something but rent is free and so is food! thats already some sort of payment. you can also work after 5 or weekends and you also have 2 weekdays off to find work. i really dont see what is so illegal or wrong about this arrangement. and yes, i DID look at the website by the government. you also get a bed, desk, phone AND TV. Anne, dont even litsen to what these people are saying.  
Res.23 by Law from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 09:57:29

Res 22 san, are you sure that you checked website? I listed some related information, so that you can see that you were wrong, so were Anne.

G) Room and board

The employer and domestic worker must agree on the amount charged for room and board, which cannot be over $325/month (subject to change by regulation).

B) Employment contract

The Act requires the employer and the domestic worker to sign an employment contract (sometimes called an employment agreement) before work begins. The contract outlines the terms and conditions of employment, and must include:

Duties the domestic worker will have to perform.
Hours the domestic worker will have to work in a day, and the days in a week.
Wage rate - the minimum allowed is $8 an hour.

D) Overtime pay

Overtime pay is the extra rate of pay for time worked over either eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.

Daily overtime (earned after working eight hours in a day):

Hours over 8/day = 1.5 x regular wage

Res.24 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 10:19:40

>You don’t have to babysit on weekends, or after 5PM so you can get a job somewhere else.

給料は出ないから、金が欲しければ5時以降と土日に他所で働けということですね。そんなことしたら、自分の時間がなくなってしまう。人を馬鹿にするにも程があります。  
Res.25 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 11:28:57

> Res.22 san

Let’s put it this way. As Res.23 san referred, room and board is worth $325/month for a domestic worker. That means Anne is offering $325 for 96 hours (9x3x4) of babysitting - the wage rate is little less than $ 3.40 an hour. Is this legal?  
Res.26 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 13:16:21

ok, i am convinced. you are right and I am wrong. But Anne did say that she is going to pay right? I was just thinking:

$8 x8 hours=$64 x 3 times per week= $192 x 4 weeks= $768

okay, a room plus tv, bed, phone desk AND FOOD should be pretty similar amounts, right?

I mean, if Anne will feed the person 3 meals 7 days a week, it seems like free rent, food and furniture for free babysitting sounds ok to me. But its just my opinion. Please tell me if I am still wrong. Thanks so much. BUt I do understand what you all are saying too.  
Res.27 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 15:47:11

I agree with 26-san from beginning. They charge to homestay range of $600 to $850 nowadays. So free rent and food for 3 days baby-sitting is not that bad. What is the difference between free rent and food for 3 days baby-sitting, and charging $780 for homestay and pay $8/hour for baby-sitting? I wonder....  
Res.28 by インフォ from 無回答 2004/07/29 19:05:25

How about charging homestay fee and paying her for baby sitting?  
Res.29 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/29 23:16:15

I went to meeting with Anne-san
They are many people’s calling her house even at the interview meeting. Just crank callers. She is a very nice person, her job deal is very good if you listen to her more information about the sumikomi babysitter job.
I was upset to hear Anne-san’s story and I told her Japanese people are not like this way. But I was angry when I read this site  
Res.30 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/30 00:14:51

とても厳しい意見が多いようですが、実際にベビーシッターさんに対して時給$6とか$5とか支払ってる方も多いと思います。
Tax Returnの際にExpenseとして出したい方は$8以上でないとまずいかも知れませんが、昔は近所の子にお小遣いを払ってベビーシッターとかしてもらってましたよね。 
お願いする方の条件、受ける側の条件が合ってお互いに同意してのことであれば、別にいいんじゃないですか?
このサイトにもよくある、学校のボランティアとかもそうじゃないですか?
事務の仕事を手伝う代わりに無料レッスンとか。
これもかなり叩かれたりしてますが、結局興味を持ってやってもいいなぁと思う人もいるでしょうし。 その方にしてみれば、例え無給のボランティアでも事務の仕事の経験がもてる、無料でレッスンが受けれると言うことが魅力であればそれはそれで良いのではないですか?

実際に子持ちの母親が子どもを預けて仕事をするのは費用も労力も大変です。 それで仕事を諦めてしまう方も多いと思います。 中にはきちんと法律に沿った額を払いやっていけてる方もいるでしょう。 でもそれは人それぞれの家庭状況、お給料額、パートナーの有無などあると思います。
こう言った女性達が子どもを持っても社会でやっていける状況が厳しい国のシステム自体が悪いのです。 そのシステムに負けないようにしていくには、人それぞれの状況に応じてあの手この手で策を練り、やっていくしかないように感じます。

法律違反が良いとは思いませんが、本当にこの国は一旦女性が子どもを持つと社会復帰が困難です。 いろんな壁にぶち当たります。
トピ主さんなりに色々と考え抜いた策なのでしょう。 良い方が見つかる事を願っています。

それから、いたずら電話をして何になるのでしょう。 トピ主さんは、すでに社会復帰に関して色んな意味で大変な思いをされていると思います。 ましてやこの掲示板でも色々と厳しいことを言われたりして。
いたずら電話などしてもっと苦しめたいのでしょうか? それはその人の自己満足であって、何の解決、トピ主さんに対して何の意思表示にもなっていません。 そんなつまらない事しないで下さい。 かわいそう。  
Res.31 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/30 00:57:00

>実際にベビーシッターさんに対して時給$6とか$5とか支払ってる方も多いと思います。

住み込みでなければ、ベビーシッターは最低賃金の規定の適用を受けませんから、5ドルでも6ドルでも全く問題ありません。Tax Returnの際にExpenseとして出すこともできます。

Res.32 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/30 00:58:46

>Res.26, 27, and 28:

What do host families run their business for? MONEY! Homestay fee is not actual cost but the PROFIT is added to it. If Anne’s offer is comparable with homestay, it means Anne will be making a profit by hiring a babysitter.

A domestic worker is special status, which entitles a right for room and board to be provided for no more than $325 a month. Whether you call it ”homestay” or not, you cannot charge a penny more to your live-in babysitter. Yes, Res. 28 san, you could pay for babysitting and charge homestay fee, but the amount charged cannot be over $325 a month, as long as s/he is a domestic worker.  
Res.33 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/30 07:48:50

このトピを読むまで、住み込みで働く人には月325ドル以上のレント台(部屋代)をチャージしてはいけない事を知りました。
もちろんこの325ドルの中に食事代など生活に基本的な事は含まれているのでしょうか。

これはとても有益なトピックスだと思います。
知らないとホームステーの相場がこの位だから・・・と納得させられてしまう人が多数だと思います。
こんな風に教えてくれる方がいて本当にありがたいと思います。

Res.34 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2004/07/30 23:58:54

じゃあ、ホームステイや部屋を貸している人に有料でベビーシッターを頼んではいけないってことになるわけですか?  
ファミリールームトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network