こいばな(恋話)
他人にだから話せることもある。もしかしたらあの人も見てくれるかもしれない・・・。
恋にまつわるあなたの胸の内を、そっとここでうちあけてみませんか?
プライバシーを考慮し、記入いただくお名前に関しては、全て匿名かイニシャルでお願いします。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.1021
Dareka Oshietekudasai...
by Yuki from バンクーバー 2003/04/03 14:09:25

I have a Canadian BF and we went out for alomst one year. 2 weeks ago something happened .

One weekend we went out for shopping, when I wanna buy something, I found that I didn’t bring my wallet, so I asked him if he can pay first and I will pay him back, he said it’s ok and paid first. It’s almost night and we had dinner together and later he sent me home.In the car I felt sick maybe because ate soemthing bad, I asked him if I can pay back tomorrow, but he insisted on paying back same day and said”You even don’t have one minute to write a check for me?” I told him that I didn’t feel good and just want to lie down have a rest. He still insisted, finally I suggested”Tonight I won’t take the stuff which you paid first, until I pay you back tomorrow”, he agreed and took my stuff with him and left. My feeling at that time was I was hurt and I think he thinks money is more important to him. Btw, the next day I paid back and got my stuff.

This thing passed already, but to me, I can’t understand a BF will request his GF to pay back at the same day even she was sick? And later when I asked him why he did that, he said it’s a Canadian way! Is there anybody who can tell me is it really a Canadian way? Is he not strange?? Why he did that way?

P.S. Sorry, I can’t type Japanese now, but if you could reply in Japnese, I can read it.Thank you.

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/04/03 14:31:43

Canadian WAYであるかどうかはともかく、お金に関してシビアなのは、悪い事じゃないと思います。

「気分が悪いって言うガールフレンドに、すぐにお金を返せという前に、もっと心配してくれてもいいじゃない」
と思っているかもしれませんが、言い合いしている暇があったら、彼に一緒に部屋まで来てもらって、お金を渡して、「気分が悪いからバイバイ」ですんだ事なのではありませんか?

お互いに自分本意だけだったという事です。
彼が変とか、Canadian WAYだからしかたがないと思って根に持ったりしないで、水に流したほうが良いですよ、

Res.2 by I can't believe it! from バンクーバー 2003/04/03 15:06:13

res1さん。そういうものですかねぇ。私はYukiさんの彼が思いやりがないように思えるけど。お金なんていつだって返せるじゃない。しかも知り合ったばかりじゃなく、1年つきあってきたんだから信頼関係だってあるはずでしょ。カナダ人がみんなこうだとは思えないけど。  
Res.3 by こども from バンクーバー 2003/04/03 15:51:17

彼が昔お金の事でもめた経験とかあるんじゃないですか。
もしそうならシビアになっても仕方ないとは思います。
きついようですが、お金、仕事、友達、趣味と恋人を比べてどっちが大事という考えは、男にとってはすごく不毛です。  
Res.4 by 無回答 from 日本 2003/04/03 16:44:11

実際、私の彼の友達はそういう人よ。
わたし自身は、今日中に後で返す、って言った後で気分が悪いからと言って次の日にしてもらったことはないですが。
きっと気分が悪くても、彼が部屋まで取りにきてくれればいいですしね。
今まで何度も気分が悪くなってるなら、彼が分かってあげないといけないですけど、今回初めてだったりすると、どうでしょうか。  
Res.5 by ed from バンクーバー 2003/04/03 18:55:31

no way girl! he is wrong so you should lose him. even if you are not sick he should be able to wait, you wanted the item and I am sure that it was either something you need or something that makes you feel good, so he has to help if he cares about you. I am a Canadian guy and have never heard such a thing, say good-bye to the selfish and be happy in life.  
Res.6 by たまたま隣に from オタワ 2003/04/03 19:12:49

座っていた夫が、このトピを覗き込み、Res5の方と全く同じ事を言ってました。「What!!!???そんなことCanadian wayのわけないじゃん!今すぐResしろ!」と激怒してました。(その他もろもろYukiさんの彼氏を非難してましたが、人様の彼氏のことなのでそれをここに書くのは気が引けるので。。。
もし仮に1000歩譲ったとして、仮にYukiさんの彼にお金を今すぐ返して欲しい理由があるなら理由をちゃんと説明するべきですしし。。。  
Res.7 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/04/04 13:37:36

Yukiさんは、このトピックの返答にどのようなものを求めているのでしょうか?
Canadian wayという意見が多かったら、まぁ納得するのでしょうが、今のところ返答には、Canadian wayではないという意見が多いようです、「Canadian way
何かじゃないじゃない」と彼に詰め寄るつもりなのか、、別れるつもりなのか・・・
he is strangeという意見が多かったらどうなんでしょうねぇ・・?あまりまわりの意見に流されないように、自分がどうしたいのか見極めたほうが良いとおもいます。

さて、私としては、彼のとった行動はCanadian wayではないとおもいます。
私の知っている範囲では、としておきます。

お金の貸し借りに関しては、感情論を持ち出すと余計にややこしくなるので、だれかれに関わらず一定のポリシーをもって行動した方が、後々トラブルが少ないものです。彼のポリシーが何に基づいているのかはわかりませんが、”he IS NOT strange”です

Yukiさんが彼と出かけたときに購入したものはその日にどうしても必要なものではなかったのではないですか?どちらかというと衝動買いに近かったのではないでしょうか?
もし彼とショッピングに出かける前から、「これとこれが必要で、彼と出かけたら購入しよう」という心づもりがあったのなら、買い物も予定の一部だったのですから、お財布のあるなしは出かける前にチェックするものではないでしょうか?
買う直前になってお財布が無いと気づくというのは、せっぱ詰まった買い物でなかったと想像できます。

もし私がそういう立場だったら、その日の購入はあきらめます。こういうものは人によって考え方が違うので私のやり方が正しいと言っているのではありません。
ですが、彼は、その日のあなたの行動にルーズな面を見たため、くぎをさすつもりで、すぐにお金を返してほしいと言ったような気がします、

Res.8 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2003/04/04 13:58:06

res7さん。例えYukiさんの彼氏がYukiさんの衝動買いのような行動に釘をさしたかったとしても、それでは、お金を貸す段階でYukiさんに話すべきだったと思います。彼がそういうものの考えであれば初めからYukiさんにお金を貸さなければよかったわけです。個人的には、わざわざ具合が悪いYukiさんからお金を返してもらうことでYukiさんの衝動買いに釘をさそうとしたとは思えないです。Yukiさんのそういう行動自体というよりは、ただYukiさんの具合を思いやる以上にお金を返して欲しかったんじゃないんですかね・・。

これをきっかけに別れることはないとは思うけれど、私だったらちょっと冷めてしまうかも。  
Res.9 by おとこ from バンクーバー 2003/04/04 14:51:58

うーん、難しい問題だけど、相手次第だな。
女の子に「財布忘れたから貸して、家に帰ったときに返すから」といわれて貸して、家に連れてった途端に、「気持ちが悪いから返すの今度でいい?」といわれたら…。
どうでしょうね、なんだか、申し訳ないけど仮病にも見えるし、そのまま踏み倒されそうな気がしないでもない。
短期在住の女性なら、それで、逃げてしまうかもしれない。まぁ、物の価格にもよりますが。例えば、何千ドルもするようなメーカーのバッグだったりしたら、やっぱり、その日のうちにお金を返して欲しい気がするな。
こまごまとした日用品ならいいけど…。
価格にもよるね。
やはり、それだけ、まだ、彼がYukiさんのことを信頼していないのかもしれませんね。  
Res.10 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2003/04/04 15:05:31

YUKI さんの彼氏の取った行動、私にはちょっと考えられません。その日中に返すという約束を守るべきなのはわかりますが、気分が悪いと言っているのに、買ったものを人質みたいにしなければ納得しないなんて...。1年つきあっていてそれほどの信用すらないのでしょうか? 
ちなみに、今まで「この人はケチだな」と思ったことはありますか? そうでなければ、単にお金にシビアというよりは、信頼がないとしか私には思えません。本当にお金に対して細かい人なら、決して人にお金は貸さないと思います。

あなたがどれだけ傷ついたか、率直に彼に言ったほうがいいのでは?。ちなみに私の夫も、どこがCanadian Wayなんだ!と怒ってます。  
Res.11 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/04/04 16:51:29

Canadian wayっていうのは彼の一番手っ取り早い言い訳だったんじゃない?
本当は彼のやり方でしかないでしょうけれど。
どうしてお金にシビアなのか話したって、もしかしたら話すのもいやなほどのことがあったのかもしれないし、「じゃあ私を信用していないのね_(;;)」なんて感情論持ち出されたら、余計にもめるだけ。

今日返すといったのに、気分が悪いとはいえ前言を撤回したのはYukiさんでしょ。

わたしには、どうして気分が悪い事が明日返す理由に繋がるのか理解できません。

玄関まで一緒に来てもらって、財布を取ってきて、お金を返すのがとても困難なほどの豪邸にお住みですか?  
Res.12 by Yuki from バンクーバー 2003/04/04 19:29:04

トピ主です。皆さんお返事どうもありがとうございます。

明日彼と会って、ゆっくり話すつもりです。Res8さんが言うように、今回別れることがなくても、もう冷めてしまったのは今の気持ちです。

みなさん、いろんなコメント本当にありがとうございました。  
Res.13 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/04/04 23:07:41

私、どっちもどっちだと思う。私がyukiさんだったら、今にも死にそうな状況以外は、彼に家に送ってもらうんだからその時に財布を渡すなり、彼に言って財布から借りたお金を取ってもらうなりしてその日のうちに返します。少し具合が悪いっていうのは、お金を今日返さない正当な理由にはならないと思います。にしても、彼も融通きかない人ですよね。普通、じゃ今度でいいよ。体は大丈夫?っていうのがあってもいいはずなんですが。彼前に同じパターンでいやな目にあったことがあるのかも。yukiさんも以前に借りたものを返さなかったことはないですか?いずれにせよ、似たものカップルですねえ。  
Res.14 by D from 無回答 2003/04/06 09:53:48

I’m a Canadian guy, and that boyfriend of yours is totally wrong about it being a Canadian thing! His manners do not reflect Canadians in any way, shape or form.

Just a few questions: How old is this boyfriend of yours?? Is he 8 years old? Has he not learned any social skills in life? Unless it was A HECK OF A LOT of money, he shouldn’t have taken what you bought as a ”hitojichi” or ”horyo”.

Now, I don’t know ALL the details of the story. If I knew more details about your relationship, my opinion might or might not change. For example, have you ever asked him for money before and not paid him back? Did he need the money to pay off a gambling debt the next day? How much money was it? How strong is your relationship? Are you dating others?

At any rate, if there are no other important details in your story, then you are completely right and he is completely wrong for you and everyone else too! If there are more details, let us know so that we can consider ALL the facts. If the two of you DO trust each other completely, then he should definitely not have acted that way. I guess that’s the bottom line.

P.S.I’m the husband of a beautiful and intelligent Japanese wife, and I NEVER would have done that to her, because we have ALWAYS trusted each other, even before we were married. If you don’t have trust, you don’t have a good relationship. So, if there are no other crucial facts you are forgetting to mention, then you are absolutely correct, and should get rid of the bum. Take it easy.  
Res.15 by erika from トロント 2003/04/06 11:03:17

はっきりいって、そんな男は最低です、友達としてもいやだな、そんなのカナディアン ウェイのはずないじゃん。まず、彼はYukiさんを信頼してない、一年間付き合ってて、信頼されてないってのも悲しいね、それから、買ったものを物質にしたら納得したっての、これもホント、なんか心狭いっていうか。まーよく考えてみて、全然見も知らぬ人だったら、こういう風に言われるのはわかるけど、あなた達は付き合ってる。次の日に返すのと、その日に返すのに違いが出るほど、彼は、お金に困ってるの?何百ドルもするものだったら、話は変わってくるけど。わたしは、もし、彼のそんな部分見たらもう終わりだな、これから先の事も考えたら、こんな人とやってけないもの。別れましょう、そんな男。  
Res.16 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/04/06 13:35:27

カナディアンの男性の意見がいくつか出ていますが、此の方たちは、冷静に、全部の文章を読んで答えているわけです。
でも、Yukiさんが彼にどうして先日あんなふうだったのかと聞いたとき、責めるような感じや、威かにも借れだけが一方的に悪いという雰囲気を出していたとしたら、彼は話半分、BF will request his GF to pay back at the same dayだけを聞いて後半は利く耳持たないまま答えるような可能性は十分ありますよ。

単なるミスコミュニケーションでしょ  
Res.17 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2003/04/06 15:30:06

過去にお金が返ってこなかったこととかあるのかとか、少しでも彼の気持ちを知ることも大事かも。あと、カナダ人で男の子だと結構お金にルーズで貸しても逃げちゃったり返さない人います。私の彼が昔5人くらいのカナダ人の男の子とシェアしてたとき家賃や電気代など貸してあげてそのあと引っ越したとき3人はそのまま返さないで追っかけると逃げたりして結局100ドル近く返ってこなかったし。そういうことがあるとケチな人とかはもっとケチになるし仲良くてもお金に関しては二度と誰にも貸さないようになるし。私も彼氏でもお金のことはきちんとしたいタイプなので彼のこともわからなくもない・・。ただ私がたとぴ主さんならショックだし・・・
彼はきっとお金で苦労したりだまされたことがあるんじゃないかな?何気にショックだったこと、信用してくれてなかったのかとか聞いてみたら?彼がそう言った理由とか聞かせてもらえば少しは彼の気持ちわかるかもよ?  
Res.18 by ? from バンクーバー 2003/04/07 13:55:07

一緒に買い物に行ってお財布にお金が入ってなかった時とか、ネイルサロンに行ってマニキュアしたばかりでお金が出しづらい時とか、頼まなくても払ってくれる・・・私とお付き合いしてたカナダ人はそんな紳士ばかりでしたよ。
私は後日、別の形でお金を(または同等の価値の物を)返すようにしていますが、請求されたことはないです。  
Res.19 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/04/07 19:43:14

彼と話し合うのが一番いいんじゃないかな。ここで聞くより。ここでレスしてる人は、yukiさんと彼の関係は知らないわけだし、推測をもとにした意見を聞いて私は悪くなかったんだ、と思うより、当人同士でどうして今回のことが起こったのか確かめたら?彼にも言い分があると思うし、yukiさんも思ったこと言ったほうが伝わるよ。ここで言っても彼のこと理解できるようにはならないよ。  
Res.20 by mike from バンクーバー 2003/04/09 15:36:09

you have to put yourself in his shoes. have you done this before? mabey he thinks he is being used. you told him you would pay him back right away, mabey he needed the money that night, and was imbarased to tell you he didn’t have more money. i coould be wrong and he might just be an asshole, but you should talk to him and see why he acted like that.  
Res.21 by Loving Emmer from Alberta 2003/04/12 12:32:07

Canadian way? What the hell is that?!
That was just convenient for him to say that. Well, you guys have been together for a year right? And he has no trust yet or what? This is so wrong. I don’t know what happen to him in his past, but still doesn’t matter. If he can’t care about your feeling after ONE year relationship, he has serious problem, I guess. If my boyfriend was acting like this, I’m leaving him in a secoud!

Res.22 by friend from バンクーバー 2003/04/15 14:57:33

Hi Yuki!
As a Canadian guy I can tell you that this is definitely not the ”the canadian way”! This is a very wrong and blatantly stupid excuse. Anyways,it sounds like a strange situation. I cannot tell you why he did that. That is something for you to work out with him. Good luck and take care!  
Res.23 by easy sis! from バンクーバー 2003/05/12 01:11:03

what’s your point?
i understand that you were pissed because of your boyfriend’s behavior, i think everybady thinks that’s wrong! that’s not the canadian way or whatever.
i am shocked that you are saying like ”people, my boyfriend is stupid and doesn’t have any commen sense!”.
why don’t you just break up? you will never be able to get along with.. never!  
Res.24 by little shrimp from バンクーバー 2003/05/19 00:13:15

to:Yuki
when I heard your story i can understand you very well.Maybe we are in same case.But i am a boy.I think your bf doesn’t like you so much,he just wanna play with you.Forgive my frank words,i don’t wanna make you sad.
so i think you should break up with him,why not find a bf who really love you. it is very important for a girl.
By the way i don’t konw why japanese girls like canadian so much although they are dirty and rude. Anyway i hope you can find a good bf soon,good luck.  
Res.25 by Azz from バンクーバー 2003/06/05 01:57:30

Well, it’s already been said, but there’s nothing Canadian about that situation. I don’t know all the details either, but he sounds like a loser, so here’s what you do.

A) Crack his head open with a baseball bat, or get a friend to do it.

B) Steal his wallet while he bleeds(That’ll give him some money problems to think about, and when he goes to the hospital all the nurses will laugh because he won’t have his CareCard).

C) Break up with him. Trust me, there’s no shortage of Canadian guys just clamouring for Japanese women around here. Canadian men obsessed with Japanese women are to downtown Vancouver what cockroaches are to Japan.  
Res.26 by R from 日本 2003/06/25 01:28:37

彼を中傷する意見が多いようですが、その時の彼の状況はどうだったんでしょう?もしかしたら彼お金に苦しい時期だったから少しでも必要だったとか。。。?彼とは1年ほどおつきあいされてるそうですから気心は知れているでしょうし、一度お互いの意見を聞いて話し合ってみるのも悪くないかもしれませんよ。  
Res.27 by azz is a piece of shit from バンクーバー 2003/10/17 18:58:54

Azz sounds like ASS or ASS HOLE or Fuck head who should cut his fucking wrists open and die a slow mind numbing death alone by himself. Think U got the shit boi. One day I hope we can meet in person as to educate his violent ways and make a peace lover of him.  
Res.28 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2003/10/18 10:21:24

うちのダンナ(カナディアン)と一緒にこのトピを見てたのですが、トピ主さんの彼がこれをCanadian way と言った直後、ダンナがぶちっとしてしまいました。彼曰く、”It’s not a Canadian way,it’s an ASSHOLE’s way.”と。そして、もっといいカナダ人男性はいっぱいいるので、早く見つけてね。と2人で願ってますよーー。  
Res.29 by john from バンクーバー 2003/10/19 00:26:04

I think you should find people from your hobbies not from Internet since the place you find this guy is bad you will face these kind of problems next time find someone from not bar  
Res.30 by 無回答 from 無回答 2003/10/19 14:00:08

It’s not a Canadian way, but it is a western way, you should have known that before you went and fell for a white dude.

I wouldn’t say they are cheap, but they are frugal and are much more cautious about money than Asian guys.

PS: what’s your boyfriend’s ancestral background?
Being ”Canadian” doesn’t say much unless he’s Canadien.  
Res.31 by ぺこ from 日本 2003/10/21 08:05:21

RES28さんに同感。これは個人の違いであって、別に”カナダ人だから”って考えるようなものではないと思います。
日本人男性にそういう風に扱われたときと同じ不快感を抱いていいと思いますよ。そのあとトピ主さんが彼をどう見るかはトピ主さん次第。
文化の違いって知れば知るほど大きくて、いろんな違いがあるけど、なんでもかんでもそれでまとめてしまうのは間違ってると思う。きっとトピ主さんもそう感じたからみんなに聞きたかったんだと思うけど。
がんばってね☆

Res.32 by That`s because from バンクーバー 2004/06/18 19:55:47

he is a jew.

Some jewish people do that action.

They are extremely greedy for money.  
Res.33 by s from 無回答 2004/06/20 11:35:23

貧乏人とは付き合いたくないな。 
心まで貧しくなる。  
Res.34 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/06/24 14:03:15

私は何年も付き合ってるカナダ人彼氏がいるけど、そんなことする人だったらとっくに別れると思うよ。あなたに対するリスペクトが無さ過ぎです。  
Res.35 by Please read it and understand it from 無回答 2004/07/11 16:25:10

Hi Yuki,

I’m very sorry for you that you have this kind of people around you.
Your story is just unbelievable!!!!

How come after one year he did that with you? very cheap guy.....If you were a Canadian girlfriend, would he do that with her?????

I have one question for you, if the way he did it with you was a western way as you thought, are you going to accept it???????? If so, excuse me to say you are a silly Japanese girl.

The short answer Yuki is not to break up because we just break up with people but he is an ugly insect so just leave him without any disappointment.

Hope you find a nice guy and sorry for the time you have spent with him.  
Res.36 by ヘロオ from バンクーバー 2004/07/11 22:06:31

A friend of mine told me about a friend who said it was ”canadian” to kiss someone on the lips to say good bye, even when they are just friends.She was very surprised when I told her he was lying.

I think it’s convenient to say that to a gaijin in canada, because they dont know the truth. Guys like that are pretty sick.

And after reading the bit about lending money, I personally wouldnt even ask for it back. Us guys gotta treat the ladies every once in a while.. now THAT is the canadian way. At least if your a gentleman.

Money sometimes brings out the worst side of a person unfortunately.

Anyways, i’ll put a shameless plug in for language exchange here, sorry hehe!

ラングエッジ エクスチェンジ募集中★

ゆきさん、早急にお返事くださいますようお願いします!

cdn_2004@hotmail.com  
Res.37 by 無回答 from 無回答 2004/07/14 18:42:08

sound good!

こいばな(恋話)トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network