場所は、バンクーバー、バーナビー、リッチモンド、コキットラム等、どこでもOKです。

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/11/27 13:15:51

ここカナダでしょ?
クリスマスケーキは日本が作ったイメージだよ。
だからカナダじゃなくてもないと思うよ。
自分でつくった方がいいじゃない?

Canadian Styleのクリスマスやりたくないの?
日本のfake styleがいい?

I could never understand why Japanese even bother with Christmas - what they do at Christmas makes no sense... Cakes? That’s a Japanese thing - spending the night with your boyfriend or girlfriend and that Christmas is supposed to be ’Romantic’ - where did they get that from?

Japanese taking a holiday that is not even part of their culture and destroying it with their own image. Oh and I love the way that on the 25th the stores take down all the Christmas decorations because Christmas is ’over’ - I guess they don’t get the concept of the ’Holiday Season’.  
Res.2 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 13:20:49

中国系のケーキ屋さんはどうでしょう??
私がよく買うのは松屋と言うケーキ屋さんです。ジョイス付近のキングスウェイ沿い、メトロのクリスタルモール、チャイナタウンにあります。
T&Tも美味しいと思います。
あとメトロタウンモールのT&Tの向かいにあるベーカリーも結構美味しかったですよ。

Res.3 by mm from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 13:54:18

日本式ならやはり、ROBSONストリートのChiccoでしょう〜。  
Res.4 by queer eye from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 14:43:31

res 1:

She just wants to know where to get the cake. She didn’t even mention spending time with her bf, did she? She doesn’t need a lecture on how authentic her Christmas celebration should be. Let her live her life.

IMO, running around like a madman in shopping malls in December, spending thousands of dollars on gifts people don’t really need and all that bargain hunting on Boxing day is just as silly as taking down Xmas decorations on 26th in Japan. That’s "destroying" the true spirit of Christmas. Our Canadian holiday season is just as commercialized, it is just different. Don’t think one is better than the other.

Also, don’t forget all the non-religious people and those who have different religious faiths do share the holiday season.

Come on, you are way too stuck-up. Just enjoy YOUR holidays?  
Res.5 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 16:16:38

i love you queer eye. you are awesome :) you just said exactly what i wanted to say to res 1.  
Res.6 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 17:54:30

>Canadian Styleのクリスマスやりたくないの?

ってどんなのですか??移民の国カナダにそんなスタイルがあるんですか?
私はクリスチャンですが、違う宗教の人がお祭り気分でクリスマス祝ってるの
どうも思いませんよ。
幸せな気分になれるんなら、どうでも良いようなことだと思うけど。

Res.7 by えへへ from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 18:20:56

queer eye姐さん
タンカのきり方がすばらしいわ!かっこいい!  
Res.8 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 20:10:52

私もロブソンのCHIKKO(スペルは?)が一番日本に近いと思う。
というか日本人が作ってるんだけどね。
多分、前もって予約しないとホールのケーキはないかも。  
Res.9 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/11/27 22:46:01

The true defender of the fake holiday season! I loved it when I would ask my students or friends when living there what Christmas is they would all say ’Celebration for Santa’. And after 10 years of fake Christmases and 6 of those trying to teach my son the true meaning of Christmas I am looking forward to having a Christmas where most people around us at least know what it means!

My point is that it is annoying to watch a whole country celebrate a holiday that they don’t even understand or don’t know why it is celebrated in the first place.

The point of the ’boyfriend’ was not directed at anybody particular it was a point to show that to most young Japanese the only important thing about Christmas is if you have a somebody to take you to a hotel for Christmas Eve or not.

As for the cake - hey, Japanese do Christmas their way fine - but what I don’t understand is why bother coming here to ’Experience Canada’ and yet still do Christmas as if they were in Japan? Don’t get me wrong - there are many Canadians, Americans, Brits whatever in Japan doing everything as if they never left the home land - but how does that further ones experience?

Every new years eve for the last 10 years I was at my in-laws watching TV and eating Soba - just like most Japanese were doing.

Here is a good article
http://www.straight.com/article/sex-and-chicken-make-christmas-in-japan  
Res.10 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/11/27 23:33:52

私も普段あまり甘い物は食べないようにしているので、クリスマスぐらいは甘い物を食べてもいいか、という口実です。ケーキを最後に食べたのはいつだか思い出せないぐらいなので。今年はケーキ用意して食べたいと思います。ウェストジョージアのホテルの下にあるケーキ屋さんとか評判いいですよね。後はグランビルの橋渡ってすぐにあるチーズケーキのお店とか。  
Res.11 by queer eye from バンクーバー 2006/11/28 09:41:14

No, I’m the defender of "leave people alone". Whatever makes them happy. Who am I to criticize? I don’t recall anyone asking "the meaning of Christmas" here.

The lady who asked simply wants to eat that cake that resembles what she had in Japan, nothing more, nothing less. I don’t know anything about her, nor do you. Maybe she doesn’t need to "experience Canada", maybe she’s been there, done that, now she wants to do what she likes and find that cake! You really don’t need to blow this out of proportion and start dissing people for "faking".

Japanese are masters at borrowing other cultures and totally
transforming into their own. Sure, it may annoy some people, but
that’s their strength. Instead of mocking at it, I’d much rather get good chuckles out of it and embrace it.

As for me, I’d take Japanese Christmas cakes any day over hard-as-a-rock fruit cake that’s loaded with primary coloured dry fruits immersed in sugar and preservatives. But,that’s just me.  
グルメ in Canadaトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network