このサイトの掲示板は情報交換やコミュニケーションが目的で設置されています。投稿内容の信憑性については、
各個人の責任においてご判断下さい。全ての投稿において、投稿者には法的な責任があることをご認識ください。
また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
グルメ in Canada
グルメな食生活を求め、どれだけの人々がさまよい歩いた事か…
あなたの貴重なグルメ情報を投稿して、全員でハッピーになりましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.1134
Article for the Georgia Straight ご意見を聞かせてください!
by 田舎ボーイ from バンクーバー 2006/03/03 23:45:45

My friend is writing an article for the Georgia Straight on places where Japanese exchange students eat Japanese food. She is looking to answer these questions:

1. What are the good, cheap Japanese restaurants in Vancouver popular with exchange students? What dishes do you recommend at each restaurant?
2. What do Japanese students think of Japanese food in Vancouver? What is authentic? What is modified for Canadian tastes?

---

友達が「Georgia Straight」の新聞記者として日本人留学生に人気日本料理レストランについて記事を書いています。以下の質問があるんですが、みなさんのご意見を聞かせてくださいませんか?

1。バンクーバーにある日本人留学生に大人気・安い・美味しい日本料理店は何でしょうか?またはそのレストランの料理の中、何がおすすめですか?

2。みなさんの日本人留学生、バンクーバーの日本料理に対してどう思いますか?何が本物の味ですか?何がカナダ人の好みに合わされていますか?

どうぞここで、日本語や英語でレスをお願い致します。

34万人のGeorgia Straightを読んでいる人があなたのレスを待っています!

Res.1 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/03/04 17:21:38

バンクーバーで食べれるというか、たいていのカナダ人が日本料理!sushi!!と思ってるのは、はっきりいって日本料理のお寿司をファーストフード・ジャンクフードレベルに変化させたものだと思います。

寿司っていうともっと米の研ぎ方から魚の旬、魚のさばき方、すしの握り方とか…畏敬の念?芸術の域?職人の技?の世界って感じが日本人にはあるんですけど、それとは全くもって別物ですよね。ま、日本にもコンビにで買える寿司もありますが。まず餃子を出す寿司屋も日本じゃありえないし。揚げだし豆腐の出汁がスウィート&サワーだし。日本の事が広まるのはうれしいけど、インド人のナマステのポーズを日本人にしてくるハリウッドスターみたいな感じでかなり微妙だな…

イタリアンピザを分厚いクラストにしたり、パイ状態にしたり、はたまたメキシカン料理をタコベルみたいにハードシェルを中に入れて、ソフトシェルで包んだり(CMでやってるやつ)とおいしくて別にいいんですけど、正直、このレベルでストレートにこれが日本料理だこれが日本の力だぜと認めたくないのが本音です。

日本ってレストランの競争激しいし、すごいレベル高いのに、外国だから仕方ないのかもだけど、ここにあるのはどこもスキー場とか海の家並みのレベルで雑多でごちゃまぜな感じなのが悲しい。

と文句ばっか言ってますが、ざっ串とか葉っぱ、北の家なんかの居酒屋は日本そのままの感じでいいですね。たまに友達と会って仕事帰り飲んで帰るみたいな。ホットペッパーのクーポン持ってくか〜みたいな。

いい店あったら知りたいので記事楽しみにしてます。  
Res.2 by 田舎ボーイ from バンクーバー 2006/03/19 12:47:22

返事が遅くてすみませんが、レスを本当にありがとうございます。新聞記者に伝える為に一応翻訳させていただきました。直訳じゃなくてわかりやすさという目的で訳しましたが、だいたいご意見を表しているかな?

ーーー
Speaking about things you can eat in Vancouver, generally Canadians think of Japanese food as "sushi". But really, this downgrades Japanese food to the level of fast food or junk food.

If one wants to talk about sushi, we should keep in mind a respect for the way of washing rice, choosing fresh fish in season, and forming the sushi. It’s a kind of art, or craftsmanship -- a world which is held in high regard by Japanese people, yet completely different from the sushi we’ve been talking about. Well, actually it’s possible to buy sushi in a convenient store in Japan, but, for example a sushi restaurant that also serves gyoza is unthinkable. The same goes for agedashi tofu served in sweet & sour sauce. I’m happy that Japanese things are becoming more widespread, but this is like a Hollywood star who, mocking "Japanese" custom, strikes an Indian "namaste" pose instead.

I’m not objecting to the idea of modifying a cuisine as long as it tastes good -- for example, if Italian pizza is made with an unauthentically thick crust or made into a pastry, or Mexican food is distorted by Taco Bell into a hard-shelled taco wrapped in a soft shell (as shown in the commercials). But I do object to the idea that Japanese cuisine, demoted to such a vulgar level, is considered by many as: "THIS is Japanese cuisine" or "THIS is the pride of Japan."

Of course, in Japan the competition among restaurants is intense, so the quality has to be high. Therefore, it’s understandable that things are different abroad. But I’m saddened by the fact that the quality of Japanese food here is on the level of any old grub stand at a ski resort or beach.

Well, I’ve complained a lot, but actually, izakayas like Zakkushi, Happa, and Kitanoya Guu are quite similar to those in Japan. They remind me of the places where people might stop by and hang out with their friends after work, or the kind of places I might go after picking up a coupon from the local paper.

I’d really like to know where the good restaurants are, so I’m looking forward to the article!

グルメ in Canadaトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network