お仲間発見!
お仲間を発見した時の感動は、何とも言えないものがある。
同じ趣味の人を見つけるなら、インターネットが一番ですよ!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.14247
Hong Kong Cafe typical menu
by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/01/03 15:53:20

Drinks

The invention of drinks like yuanyang (鴛鴦), iced tea with lemon (凍檸茶) and Coca-Cola with lemon (檸樂) are often credited culturally to this style of restaurant.
Coffee: Two types exist: instant and in powder form, the latter being more common.
Black coffee: Hong Kong people usually called them jaai fea (lit. "Vegetarian Coffee" / "just coffee", emphasizing on its plain texture) or "fei sha jaau naai" (lit. "get rid of sand and milk", i.e. coffee without sugar (the "sand") and milk)
Hong Kong-style milk tea: A highly popular drink in Hong Kong. Its standard is judged by its aroma, smoothness and concentration. The tea is soaked in an iron container for several hours to let the flavor come out. If the customer wants condensed milk instead of normal milk, people will often say "cha zou" (lit. "tea go")
Yuanyang: A mixture of coffee and tea, originated in Hong Kong. According to traditional Chinese medicine, coffee and tea is "hot" and "cold" in nature, respectively. A mixing of both thus then yield the best combination for a beverage.
Black and White Yuanyang: A mixture of Ovaltine and Horlicks, originated in Hong Kong.
Horlicks
Ovaltine
Lemon Tea
Lemonade: Commonly served without sugar or syrup.
Lemon with Coffee
Lemon with Ribena
Lemon with Honey: Often, to reduce cost, the honey is substituted with "Watercress Honey"
Soft drinks: Coca Cola, 7-up, Fanta and Cream Soda are some common selections.

Snacks
Toast: This includes toast with condensed milk and butter/peanut butter, toast with jam and butter, toast with butter in a sliced form, and French Toast
Sandwich: Sandwiches found in Cha Chaan Tengs usually include egg, ham, corned beef or a mixture of any as a filling. Club Sandwiches are also very common. A difference between the sandwiches found in Cha Chaan Tengs, and other eateries would be that only white bread is used, the customer has the option of omitting the crust of the bread and requesting that the bread is toasted before making their sandwich.
Egg tart
Hong Kong-style buns: Includes pineapple buns (with or without a slab of butter inside), cocktail buns, Satay beef buns, barbecued pork buns, etc.
Spring rolls

Fried dishes
Various Fried rice and noodles dishes
Hong Kong-style spaghetti bolognese
Fried instant noodles
Gon chaau ngau ho: "dry fried beef and rice noodles" is a common Cantonese dish, made from stir-fried beef, he fen (broad rice noodles), dark soya sauce, and bean sprouts.

Soup dishes
Instant or udon noodles in soup
Macaroni in soup
Soup noodles with fish balls, wontons and the like

Miscellaneous dishes
Barbecued Pork (Char siu): Not found in all cha chaan tengs.
Congee and yau ja gwei, a Chinese fritter.

Set meals[edit]

A feature found in cha chaan tengs are set meals. There are various sets available throughout the day for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. The lunch and dinner sets usually include a soup and a drink. Generally there is an additional HK$2 charge for cold drinks. Sometimes an additional HK is charged for toasted bread.

Other sets include:
"Nutritious set" (營養餐) – It comes with milk and other nutritional food
"Constant set" (常餐) – Provided all day long, hence the name (it usually consists of a main course, omelette, wheat foodstuff, white bread with butter and a drink) The wheat food stuff always comes with different choices such as spiced pork cubes, salted vegetable with sliced pork or luncheon meat etc.
"Fast set" (快餐) – Immediately served (usually rice with sausages/ ham/ fried eggs with gravy)
"Special set" (特餐) – Chef's (or Boss's) recommendation

Foods
Singapore-style fried noodles 星洲炒米
Wonton noodles
egg tart
pineapple bun
Dry-fried beef rice noodles
羅宋湯
忌廉湯
咖喱雞飯
Baked Pork Chop Fried Rice 焗豬扒飯
Baked Portuguese Chicken with Egg Fried Rice 焗葡國雞飯
Stir-fried Chicken with Creamed Corn with rice (粟米雞粒飯)

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/01/03 16:53:33

No thank you. I am not hungry.
Res.2 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/01/04 10:21:38

what's wrong with you?
Res.3 by Marissa from バンクーバー 2019/01/17 23:02:37

hi, nice to meet you. I am a hk girl and I love japanese culture. maybe we can hang out some day
Res.4 by J from バンクーバー 2019/01/17 23:49:44

Hi Marissa,

I am a Japanese male.
I want to know more about HK culture. It would be nice if we can hang out and get to know each other. If you would like to be friends please email me!

J
Res.5 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/01/18 19:01:19

↑お金持ちの香港女性を狙ってるのかな?
下手な別れ方すると、ギャングにボコボコにされる可能性があるから、付き合う時は慎重にね。
お仲間発見!トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network