ちょっと聞いてよ
愚痴りたい時に限って、話す相手が見つからない事ってありませんか?
愚痴はもちろん、素敵な話から悩みまで、ここに書き込んでスッキリしましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.3226
What shold I do?
by crown from 無回答 2007/01/27 17:27:23

Ive already been here for 10 months.
BUT!!!! My listening skill is still terrible.....

WHAT SHOULD I DO???????

I want to get perfect listening skill!!!

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2007/01/27 17:47:26

sorry, nothing I can do for you.  
Res.2 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2007/01/27 17:54:05

Ask not what I can do for you.
Ask what you can do for me.  
Res.3 by JC from バンクーバー 2007/01/27 20:40:58

Wow~ All these helpfull people.... NOT!
What are you doing OR have been doing for the last 10 months?.
So you just go to school and then hang with Japanese kids after school and on the weekends? Do you try listening to that stupid radio NEWS 1130 and try getting every single word they say? Maybe you should just relax and don’t be so hard on yourself, and you may be able to imporve your listening skills... Try hanging in a coffee shop for a few hours and relax your thoughts and listen to the conversations going on around you. See IF you can keep up and understand THE REAL spoken English, not the KIND that your ESL teachers and friends speak, try watching TV that you can enjoy... NOT SIMPSONS or SOUTH PARK!!! Try Friends or Sex in the City, fun stuff that you might be able to relate to... that will motivate you to focus and listen harder....PERFECT LISTENING?????? It’s really up to you, and find a way that works for you.
GOOD LUCK... PS How much time do you have left? IF you ski or snowboard, do that and talk to people on the lift, go window shopping and ask a lot of questions.....  
Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2007/01/28 01:11:55

Thing is that maybe you have high expectations? I would think that 10 months is not going to be long enough to acquire ’Perfect Listening Skills’. Just be patient and keep doing whatever you do... as long as it is making progress.

This may sound funny - but don’t listen to the news or TV... you will spend too much time trying to figure out what the person just said and not hear what he/she is saying. Try listening to little things... like train announcements - you would be surprised how much it helped when I was in Japan... its short and can be heard without loosing any further details while in train of thought - what it does is teaches you to listen to what is being said... so many students of mine would try so hard to ’listen’ to me that they spent more time thinking and not listening.

Res.5 by CLOWN from バンクーバー 2007/01/28 23:19:50

Thank you so much!!!!! Im so happy that I could get ao many kindly answers!! I think everything it good ways to improve my listening skill!!!! I will try it=)  
Res.6 by 無回答 from 無回答 2007/01/28 23:23:52

You’d better improve writting skills too.  
Res.7 by What can you do about it? from バンクーバー 2007/01/29 01:40:12

When you are watching TV or listening to the radio then you repeat after them.
it gives you more understanding of what they’re saying and it’s good for your listening too.

you don’t have to be perfect.
you have been here for 10months still...I don’t know how long you are going to stay in Canada. but enjoy the life first.
Slow and steady wins the race’i so ga ba ma wa re’
I hope that you could find a best way for you.  
Res.8 by pronunciation from バンクーバー 2007/02/02 14:22:32

I have been taking pronunciation class since last year.
As my pronunciation improve, my listening skill get better as well.
Teacher said " how you speak is how you listen".  
Res.9 by mooman from バンクーバー 2007/02/02 18:54:42

10 months - go back to japan... that will work.  
ちょっと聞いてよトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network