また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
パソコン勉強室
パソコンやインターネットに関する事なら何でもOKです。
協力し合いながら、皆でパソコンに強くなりましょう。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.3034
How to read and type Japanese on computer
by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/07 15:17:31

I have windows vista and when I go to a Japanese website in Japanese, it comes out as just boxes. I also want my computer to type in Japanese using romaji.

I’m in grade 7 and want to see Japanese website.

Please explain what I’ll have to do.

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2010/04/07 17:13:35

Go to control panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Keyboards and Languages -> Change Keyboards, add Japanese  
Res.2 by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/07 19:30:35

Thank you for your response but I still don’t understand. I went to control panel and then Date, Time, Language and Regional options. After that there are 3 tasks and one is "Add other languages". There is an icon then saying "Regional and Language Option". In both links, I couldn’t find "Keyboards and Languages". Am I in the right place?

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
I appreciate your help.  
Res.3 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2010/04/07 19:35:17

Res.4 by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/07 22:14:06

Thank you again for the website. My computer has a Windows Vista sticker on it but it has the same view as Windows XP. Sorry for that mistake. On the website, I followed under Windows XP section and Got stuck after step 4. When installing the files for East Asian Languages, I had to provide a Windows XP Professional CD ROM. Instead there was a choice of inserting a disk into the ROM Drive. Either way, I needed files from, the Windows XP CD ROM.

Do I need to Provide this CD ROM?  
Res.5 by 無回答 from 無回答 2010/04/08 08:38:09

for Windows XP, you need the Windows XP CD-rom to install east asian languages.  
Res.6 by 5 from 無回答 2010/04/08 08:42:32

if your PC came with windows XP pre-installed, you can check to see if you have the "C:\i386" folder. If you do, you can click "browse" when prompted for the CD, and choose the "C:\i386" folder.  
Res.7 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 09:27:21

ウインドウズ7だったら英語OSのままでも日本語ページが表示できる。  
Res.8 by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 10:38:27

Thank you once again but I still got stuck after a bit. I hit browse->My computer-> WINDOWS (file) -> ServicePackFiles -> and then I found "i386" When I open that there is a file and there is A LOT of "Applicatioin Extension" files and other icons. There is also another "i386" file in a folder "3c85814a950..." Which i386 file is the one with the files that it needs?

I’m on Spring Break right now and am pretty bored. Thank You for trying to help me.  
Res.9 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 11:31:54

英語PCで日本語タイプはめんどいらしいですね。
表示すらめんどいとか。

とりあえず半角・全角を表示できる設定にしないとダメと聞きました。
英語はスペース全統一なので。
日本のAA(アスキーアート)やほんと簡単な顔文字ですら、あちらのPCでは見えません。  
Res.10 by M from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 11:49:09

Go to "Control Panel" from "Start" botton, then click "Resional and Language options" icon. The winddow opens, on "Keyboards and Languages" tab, click "Change keybords..."
It opens "Text Services and input Languages" windows.
in "General" Tab, click "Add" and choose "Japanese(Japan)- Keyborad . Microsoft IME" then click "Apply". You can see the language bar on the desktop. You can relocated it by drogging it to task bar or so. Hope that it will help you.

Res.11 by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 12:28:54

To M,

Thank you for the response. There is an error in my question, and my computer is actually Windows XP. I am having a slight problem with the XP instructions as well. If you know any other easy ways for Windows XP please post them.

Thank You  
Res.12 by M from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 12:45:08

If your computer’s os is XP then do the following steps. I found this from Microsoft web.
The setps are really the same action that I told you in the previous comment but the window’s name and other botton’s name are different from Windows Vista.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Windows XP
To install another language and keyboard layout in Windows XP, follow these steps:
In the Windows XP standard Start menu, click Start, and then click Control Panel.

In the Windows XP classic Start menu, click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Regional and Language Options.
Click the Languages tab, and then click Details under "Text Services and Input Languages".
Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.
To configure the settings for the Language bar, click Language Bar under "Preferences".

Back to the top
REFERENCES
With the LangPack installed, Internet Explorer 4.0 users can install and use the Japanese/Korean Input Method Editor (IME) for Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0. This will allow users to not just display but also input Japanese and Korean text into Web forms and Outlook Express 4.0 e-mail messages. For more information, please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
186113 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186113/EN-US/ ) Internet Explorer Input Method Editor 4.0 for Japanese/Korean
-------------------------------------------------------------
The web page thatI found is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177561

Also, I forgot to mention how to view Japanese text in the web page. Go to "View" on the Exploer’s menu bar, then "Encoding" choose either "Japanese (Auto-select) or Japanese (EUC). You might click "More..." from "Encoding" to see those options.

Res.13 by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/08 14:37:55

To M,
I have E-mailed you. Please check your e mail. Thank you.  
Res.14 by O from バンクーバー 2010/04/09 13:13:47

Thank you for everyone who has helped me on this topic. As I return to school on Monday I will talk to information services and I’m sure they will help me with this topic.

Thank you!  
パソコン勉強室トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network