ネイティブに聞いても分からなかった。。
by !! from バンクーバー 2006/03/20 22:20:33

Mailing Your Application
>Mailing Instructions
>・Put the completed forms, supporting documents and
>fee payment receipt in a 23 cm x 30.5
>cm (9” x 12”) envelope. Do not include a prepaid
>envelope with your application.

この文のDo not include a prepaid envelope with your application.の意味がわかりません。どうしろって事なんですか??

Res.1 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/03/20 22:36:17

すでに切手がはっている封筒とか切手不要のすでに郵送代が含まれている封筒をアプリケーションと一緒にいれるな。  
Res.2 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/03/20 22:48:57

返信用切手を貼った封筒を挿入しないこと。

ネイティブ=ファーストネイション、なので気をつけてね。

Res.3 by !! from バンクーバー 2006/03/20 23:30:26

ネイティブカナディアンと書かないといけなかったんですね。。
そう、カナディアンの友達が電話で一生懸命説明してくれたんですがまだビギナーの私には理解できませんでした。。。  
Res.4 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/03/21 04:53:51

いやだから、ネイティブカナディアンがインディアンって意味よ?

ネイティブ=土着の

ネイティブスピカーってのが一番妥当。  
Res.5 by Anna from バンクーバー 2006/03/24 00:37:58

1st let me answer the question about the "Do not include a prepaid envelope with your application" means don’t put an envelope with you address on it and a stamp. Do you understand?
How do I explain this.... OK, sometimes in Japan, when you get invited to a wedding, you have to answer (via mail) to the perosn IF you will be there or not right? and there is a PAID envelope (or card) for you to just write YES or NO and mail it back, becuase they (INCLUDED A PREPAID envelope) with thier address on it, so you don’t have to pay for the MAIL(stamp-fee) understand?

PREPAID envelope=は相手の人に自分あてに答えを送り返してほしい時に気を使ってSTAMPと自分の住所を書いた封筒のことです。そしたら相手は答える時にSTAMPのお金を払わないで良い様にです。
(私の下手な日本語の説明解るかな?)

So you don’t have to include this kind of envelope OK.

Secondly, I don’t understand why Japanese people keep saying NATIVE or Native Speaker.
YES Native means = FIRST NATIONS (インデアンの人)
and Native Speaker is understood by Japanese people, but IF you ask a Canadian person IF they are a "NATIVE SPEAKER" they would probably look at you like... WHAT???? 

We would probably say "Mother tongue" is English or "First Language" is English.

My first language is English. (NOT I AM A NATIVE SPEAKER!)-this is Japanese/English I think.....

Res.6 by 4 from バンクーバー 2006/03/24 08:26:44

一応俺もカナダ生まれカナダ育ちのバイリンガルなんだ。

で、カナダ人としての意見だけど、ネイティブラングリッジは普通に他の留学生が使ってるように母国語って意味でも使えると思うよ。実際、俺だけじゃなくて、他のカナダ人も使ってるけどね。

もちろんそれが本来の文法として正しくないかも知れないし、ただのスラングかもね。そこは自信が無い。

でも、たとえスラングでも、俺たちカナダ人がそう使ってるなら、会話においてはOKなんじゃないかな?

もし他のバイリンガルの人がいたら意見をお願い。  
Res.7 by バイリンガル from 無回答 2006/03/24 10:47:41

4さん、

普通にnative speakerとか言いますよ。
英語に限らずどの言語に対しても。
もちろんfirst languageとかmother tongueとも言います。

ちなみに、上の方のレスの人で、Native = First Nations = Indianと言っている人もいるけど、最後のIndianという言い方はold-fashionedで、offensiveな場合もあるのでなるべく使わない方がいいですよ。

ちなみにちなみに、Canadian EnglishではIndianと言った場合には、InuitとMetisの人々を除いたNative Canadianを指します。でもやっぱりIndianという呼び方はしない方が良いでしょう。その昔アメリカ大陸に辿り着いたアホ白人がそこがインドだと勘違いして先住民の人々をIndianと呼び始めたという失礼極まりない話なんで。  
Res.8 by Anna from バンクーバー 2006/03/24 20:08:50

I only used the word (INDIAN人)in case some people didn’t know what First Nations was. It seems that Japanese people know what the term (INDIAN) means with no misunderstanding. It was not intended as a derogatory term in anyway.  
Res.9 by 4 from バンクーバー 2006/03/24 21:23:39

7さん

そうだよな、やっぱりネイティブスピーカーって言うよな。ちょっと安心した。ありがとう。

それから、俺も上の方で便宜上インディアンって言葉使ったけど、やっぱり日常の他人との会話においては使い方は気おつけたほうがいいよな。  
Res.10 by Adam from バンクーバー 2006/03/25 00:46:48

I know it’s not the most scholarly or academic source, but if you type "Native Speaker" into www.dictionary.com, you may be surprised.  
英語を話したいトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network