また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
英語を話したい
多かれ少なかれ、みなさん英語の習得には苦労しているはず!
ここで英語の知識を共有して、英語のスキルアップをしましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.12887
Do Japanese stick together?
by Canuck from Vancouver 2019/08/14 00:13:40

Hello, I'm a Canadian with a genuine question about Japanese people in Vancouver. I'm not trying to make a negative statement, it's a real question.

I've lived here all my life and have met many people from Japan/Korea/China.. etc. I think I've noticed a trend among different Asian cultures. I've always found most Chinese and Korean people to be super friendly and happy to chat with native speakers with an enthusiasm to practice their English. So much so, it's not rare to received invitations (by both men and women) to join their parties or dinners, despite having only met them once. As for my encounters with Japanese people, most have been very friendly... but I've sensed there's hesitation or a lack of interest to make a friendship with Canadians when compared to Korean or Chinese people. I've seen Canadian/Japanese parties where it almost seems as invisible wall between the two groups. It feels as if Japanese people have a preference to stick with other Japanese or Korean people while in Vancouver.

Is this a real thing or am I misunderstanding? I know Japanese people have a tendency to be shy, is this connected? Do Canadians make Japanese people feel uncomfortable in some way? I'd love to hear your opinion or experiences.

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/14 00:49:34

I would say in Asian communities, Chinese are known to be themselves and shut off others. In general, Japanese don’t support each other, don’t like each other, and like to judge each other compare to Koreans and Chinese. only Japs who don’t speak much of English tend to be with other japs not because they want to but they have no choice. Being shy is one thing but not being able to speak English is whole other thing.
Res.2 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2019/08/14 11:04:19

In my opinion, that’s kind of things are because of Japanese character.
Korean, and Chinese person ( especially girl ) are really honest about their feeling. If they want to do something, they will do.
Typical Japanese people, if they want to do, they will think about another person's feeling. Like Are they really like me as a friend?, or am I don't bother them if we are asking about to go to play? Sometime they think too much, and they didn’t ask you.
Again, that’s my personal opinion, and Sorry for my bad English grammar.
Res.3 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/14 18:36:04

Res 1, you do understand that the term "japs" is racist right?

Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/14 18:45:12

Who cares?
People use it just to shorten Japanese.
Don’t be over sensitive about it.
Res.5 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/14 19:28:43

Res 4, No people do NOT use it to shorten Japanese. Only racists do.
So if you`re not sensitive about this sort of thing then you can tell me what nationality you are.

Res.6 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/14 19:45:48

“Only racists do” ??
Seriously? Does anybody care?
Never met any japs who care.

And why do you care what my nationally is?
Is it ok if I was a Japanese?
Is it NOT okay if I was an American?
Why does it matter? Are you a racist?

Now who’s being not sensitive.
Res.7 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/14 21:00:44

↑Looks like somebody just got sensitive! lol
Res.8 by 無回答 from 無回答 2019/08/15 14:54:05

Res.5 Left
Res.6 Right

lol
英語を話したいトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network