また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
英語を話したい
多かれ少なかれ、みなさん英語の習得には苦労しているはず!
ここで英語の知識を共有して、英語のスキルアップをしましょう!
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.10373
I need a Japanese conversation tutor, $1/hour
by MS from vancouver 2013/08/05 01:27:24

hi. I am serious to learn japanese but I don't have much money. So yes, the price is only $1/hour, it's not a typo (mistake) . so we can meet for 2 or 3 hours. I hope that's enough for your coffee

this is different from language exchange, because I will ask you many questions, but I don't have time to answer your questions. my japanese level is still very, very, very basic, but I really needed to focus as much of my time on learning japanese. I will say a lot of things in english first (so you can still learn some english), and have you translate it into japanese. so basically I am using you as a google translator, except I hope you will be more accurate, and the sound and way of speaking the sounds is very important to me, so I need you to repeat slowly at first, until I understand. then please say it at a normal speed.

as well, since the price is only $1/hour, you don't need to have any experience teaching english, and you can feel no pressure and don't worry about doing a good job or not.

I am a canadian male. I want to exchange with any native japanese speaker, it doesn't matter who you are. probably, we can meet in downtown, at the library, that would be the place i feel most comforatable to talk in public.

and if more than one person messages me, I will try to be fair and meet everybody if i have time. but probably not that often, maybe once a week. or if you have a friend, that wants to meet me too, you can arrange to bring but please only I can talk to one person at a time. so for example, first hour I just talk to you, then second hour I talk to your friend.

I have taken a japanese class a few times, and always forget everything. (it's been a long time) and every japanese person always asks me, why study japanese? we'll that answer is too complicated, but I will tell you, but only if we meet, but you need to teach me how to say it in japanese, then i will tell you. so please if you email me, just let me know your schedule and what time you are free to meet, and i will do the time. that's all i want. otherwise too many questions and email. because we are using english in the email, so i rather meet and say everything in japanese and english.

lastly, i will tell you how i came up with this idea, a long long time ago, there used to be a place called clubhouse, (i think it's still around, but they moved) where i would meet with 3 japanese people at a time, try to talk to them for an hour. then in return, i would get an hour, one on one, with a japanese person teaching me. but when i asked them if they got paid, they said no, and they did it for free. and they didn't even get anything in return, because for the group conversation lesson, they had to pay $6/hour each person to talk with me, this was 10 years ago, so i guess more expensive now. but they paid it to the club, (I didn't get any money) so i was thinking, $1 is better than $0. and it's not even about the money, i think i could get teached for free too, but since this is the internet, it's hard to show i'm serious about learning japanese, so i just want to make it look more serious that i want to learn. and i didn't have time to send text message, email, or talk on phone to build up the trust before meeting.

英語を話したいトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network