また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
ファミリールーム
出産、育児、家事、マイホーム、教育、…。海外での生活はいろいろと大変!
そんな悩みや情報をこの場で共有して、みんなで助け合っていきましょう。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.14733
citizenship
by mom from バンクーバー 2009/05/02 10:55:09

Would you tell me about application for the citizeship if you get it recently? How long does it take to get the citizeship?

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2009/05/02 12:28:07

This website will tell you all about it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/citizenship/index.asp

What’s your circumstances? Are you married to a Canadian citizen or are you here by yourself? In that case, I think you would have to go through the whole naturalization process. There are a few requirements. You have to be 18 or older, you’re expected to be fluent in either english or french, you have to have a clean criminal record, you need to have proof that you’ve lived in Canada for at least three years prior to applying for the citizenship, you have to know the rights and responsiblities of canadian citizenship, and you’re also expected to know a lot of things about the country as you will be tested on it. Or if you were born in Canada, you are already a Canadian citizen. You just have to hand in all the required paperwork and get your passport made by the government. (I’m 100% Japanese but I was born in Canada)
Anyhow, I’m not an expert on how to obtain canadian citizenship so I would advise you to go to the website to find out all the details. good luck.  
Res.2 by mom from バンクーバー 2009/05/03 14:57:45

Thank you very much to respond my question. But I checked the website already. I want to get the information from somebody who actually got the citizenship reacently. My husband is Canadian and my chidren are also Canadians. My husband want to go to another country to get a job. So I think I need to have the citizenship to retern to Canada.  
Res.3 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/05/03 15:17:54

Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2009/05/03 15:41:17

Res 1 here. Ohh ok I think I understand your situation now. Your husband got a new job in a different country so now you’re moving there as a family.

In that case, I don’t think you will have any problem returning to Canada and crossing the boarder as long as you have your husband with you who is a Canadian citizen. Once you become sponcored by a Canadian citizen, you are allowed to fly in and out of Canada without having to renew your citizenship each time.  
Res.5 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/05/03 15:50:09

As Res3 and 4 point out, in your case, you do NOT have to apply for a Canadian citizenship.
You won’t lose your landed immigrant status as long as you are with Canadian spouse!  
Res.6 by mom from バンクーバー 2009/05/05 12:57:51

Thank you roe your responses. Are you familier for the immigration law? Should I check with the office,right?  
Res.7 by 無回答 from 無回答 2009/05/05 23:03:31

In general, a permanent resident must be physically present in Canada for 730 days during a five-year-period, however, if a permanent resident is accompanying a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident outside of Canada, those days will also be counted towards requirement to maintain a permanent residency status.

According to Guide 5529, it looks like you need to apply for a travel document before departure.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529E2.asp  
ファミリールームトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network