また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
ファミリールーム
出産、育児、家事、マイホーム、教育、…。海外での生活はいろいろと大変!
そんな悩みや情報をこの場で共有して、みんなで助け合っていきましょう。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.11982
Lloydminster, AB での生活について教えて下さい
by Lloyd from バンクーバー 2008/06/15 22:14:33

アルバータ州のLloydminsterに引っ越すことになりました。日本食など何でも揃うバンクーバーからの引越なので戸惑っています。Superstoreがあるので、そこのアジアンセクションで醤油や米などが買えるのではと期待しているのですが、ご存知の方いらっしゃいますでしょうか?

また、日本食以外でもどのような所かご存知でしたら教えて頂けると助かります。どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

Res.1 by !! from 無回答 2008/06/17 11:56:02

Hi. You won’t know how surprised I was when I saw “Lloydminster” in the title. I am living in a town not so far away from Lloyd and I am working in Lloyd. I have to tell you that there are only 2 Japanese people in the area (including me!) and the Superstore here is nothing like the ones in Vancouver. You won’t be able to find anything more than the truly basic Japanese items such as Soy-sauce and Nori. It’s needless to say that we don’t have any Asian grocery stores here neither.

Lloydminster is a transient city with all the people constantly moving in and out looking for the opportunities in the big oil related businesses. It is a small but very affluent city and is the only border city in Canada (it’s half SK and half AB) which creates its unique problems. I believe that currently, our rent here in town is rated one of the most highest in the West. I don’t’ know the reasons why you are moving to Lloyd but I hope that you enjoy living here!

Res.2 by Lloyd from バンクーバー 2008/06/17 15:41:45

!!さん、コメントありがとうございます。

オイル関係ではないのですが、仕事の関係で引っ越すことになりました。タイトルにはLloydminster, ABとしたのですが、AB側で家が見つからず、SK側に住むことになりました。!!さんもおっしゃるように、ボーダーのせいで何かと厄介です。思ったよりレントが高いのもびっくりしています。

Superstoreで最低限の日本食が手に入ること、周辺に日本人が2人住まれていること、聞いて安心しました。今週末か週明けに引越です。バンクーバーとは180度違う生活に不安半分、期待半分です。メールアドレスを残しておきますので、ご面倒でなかったらご連絡下さい。  
ファミリールームトップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network