No.4689
love messages
by 無回答 from 無回答 2012/06/24 06:02:00

甘い言葉は、

what are you doing?

im walking towards your heart.

do you have a life jacket?

no i dont. do you need?

yes i need. because i might drown with you love.

Res.1 by 無回答 from 無回答 2012/06/24 06:41:43

きもいし、いろいろ間違えてるし、何が言いたいの

Res.2 by 無回答 from 無回答 2012/06/24 14:01:31

飲み屋で(ジョーク)で口説かれたみたいですね。
そういう時は、ワハハと笑ってあげなければ…
Res.3 by 恋バナナ from バナナンクーバー 2012/06/25 09:52:17

Good job on the poem. There are a few matters of English we will get to in just a moment.

However, I have to say, the concepts in your poem are somewhat cheesy and juvenile. I'm sure you have much better ideas in your mind, but expressing complicated, subtle ideas in a foreign language is monstrously difficult, isn't it! Don't take that the wrong way; it may be perfect for a pop song aimed at the teenage to early 20's crowd. Stick to simple ideas in simple English and you might just produce a "hit" tune. :) Please write more stuff!

Now, "do you need?" seems to be a literal translation of "iru no". But in English, "need" usually requires an object, except in some special circumstances, as in: "do you need one" or "do you need it". (What special circumstances? Something like, say, this sentence: "That childish woman, she just *needs*, you know, but doesn't think about others").

Your conversation is strange due to confusion between first and second person subjects. Compare with:

A: Do you have a life jacket?
B: No, I don't. Do I need one?
A: Yes you do.

The person who is needs the life jacket is the one who wears it. You can transfer the need to the other person like this:

A: Do you have a life jacket?
B: No, I don't. Do you need me to wear one?
A: Yes I do.

About capitalization, do not worry about that. The great American poet e. e. cummings also dispensed with these in many poems, and wrote his name in lower case. You could be the next "良い良いカミングス". :)

But do try to observe punctuation: "i'm" rather than "im", "don't" rather than "dont".

Res.4 by 無回答 from 無回答 2012/06/25 11:26:11

めんどくせー
こいばな(恋話)トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network