こいばな(恋話)
他人にだから話せることもある。もしかしたらあの人も見てくれるかもしれない・・・。
恋にまつわるあなたの胸の内を、そっとここでうちあけてみませんか?
プライバシーを考慮し、記入いただくお名前に関しては、全て匿名かイニシャルでお願いします。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.1948
loveの意味
by mm from 日本 2006/10/07 22:24:45

カナダにいる時に出会って、カナダ人の彼と半年つきあいました。私が帰国して、1年間遠距離でした。それから、彼が英語インストラクターとして、日本にきてくれて、1年半一緒にいました。その間に、一度、別れたいといわれ 別れましたが、それでもずっと一緒にいました。そして、1ヶ月前、大学にもう一度もどって、勉強して また日本にくるからといって、カナダに帰りました。私は、彼にあったときから、ずっと好きで今もその気持ちは変わりません。彼がカナダに帰るとき、私に”僕はいつかまた日本に戻ってくるけど、僕を待たないでほしい。僕は君を幸せにする責任があると思うけど、君が望んでいるもの、(結婚や家族をもつこと)を今かなえてあげる事はできない。だから君には、他の男の人にもあってほしいし、僕の為ではなく、自分の為になにかをしてほしい”と言われました。今はまた離れ離れで、メールやチャットでのやりとりのみです。以前 you are very important to me. i am in love with you ,but i don’t love you anymore. といわれたとこがあり、そのことは、彼の本心だとはおもうのですが、いつもメールをくれるときは”love " "lots of love"書いてくれます。この”love "の意味はなんだろう?と考えてしまいます。親が子供に書く手紙にもloveとありますよね。手紙の終わりに書くloveというのは、ただ手紙を締めくくるためにつかう言葉なのか、もっと、意味があるのでしょうか?

Res.1 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/07 22:29:38

love /l v/
【名】1 【U】 a 〔家族 友人 祖国などに対する〕愛,愛情〔 for,of,to,toward〕: 〜 and hate 愛と憎しみ,愛憎/〜 of (one’s) country 愛国心/〜 for one’s children 子に対する愛情. b [通例one’s〜](よろしくという)あいさつ: Give [Send] my 〜 to… …によろしく(お伝えください)/Mother [My mother] sends her 〜. 母からもよろしく《★手紙の文句》.2 a 【U】〔異性に対する〕恋愛,恋〔of,for,to,toward〕: (one’s) first 〜 初恋/free 〜 自由恋愛(論)/〜 at first sight ひと目ぼれ/L〜 is blind. 《諺》恋は盲目. b 【U】性欲,色情;性交. c 【C】情事,恋愛.3 a 【U】[またa〜]〔物 事に対する〕好み,愛好,趣味〔of,for〕: a 〜 of learning 好学心/have a 〜 of nature 自然を愛好する/a labor of 〜 →labor【名】3. b 【C】好きなもの[事]: Golf is one of his great 〜s. ゴルフは彼の大好きなものの一つだ.4 a 【C】(通例男から見た)恋人(cf.lover1). b [my〜で夫婦間などの呼び掛けに用いて]ねえ;おまえ,あなた. c [女同士のまたは女 子供への呼び掛けに用いて]ねえ;あなた,おまえ: Yes, 〜. ええ,あなた[おまえ].5 a [L〜]恋愛の神,キューピッド. b [〜,L〜]【C】キューピッドの絵[像].6 【U】(神の)愛,慈悲;〔神に対する〕敬愛,崇敬〔of〕: the 〜 of God=God’s 〜 神の愛/〜 of God 神への愛.7 【C】《英口語》愉快な人,きれいなもの[人]: What a 〜 of a dog! まあ何とかわいい犬だろう!8 【U】 テニス 0点,無得点,ラブ(→tennis〈解説〉): 〜 all ラブオール《0対0》.
be in l ve with… …にほれている,…を恋している.
f ll in l ve with… …にほれる,…を恋する.
for l ve (1)好きで. (2)無料で;賭(か)けないで.
for l ve or [nor] m ney [否定文に用いて]《口語》義理ずくでも金ずくでも(…ない),どうしても(…ない): It can’t be had for 〜 or money. それは絶対に手に入らない.
for the l ve of… …のために,…のゆえに.
for the l ve of H aven [G d,your ch ldren,etc.] お願いだから.
m ke l ve (1)〔…と〕性交する〔to,with〕《★〈比較〉現在では主にこの意味で用いる》. (2)《古》〔…に〕求愛する;〔…を〕愛撫する〔to〕.
ut of l ve 愛の心から,好きだから〔 for〕.
Th re is n l ve l st betw en them. 《口語》二人は仲が悪い.
【動】【他】1 a 〈人などを〉愛する,かわいがる,大事にする;恋する,ほれ(てい)る《★〈用法〉感情をこめた強意表現以外では通例進行形なし》: They 〜d each other. 彼らは愛し合っていた/L〜 me, 〜 my dog. →dog1. b 〈神などを〉敬愛する,崇敬する. c 〈人を〉愛撫する;〈人と〉性交する.2 a 〈…を〉好む,愛好する《★〈類語〉→like2》: Most children 〜 ice cream. 子供はたいていアイスクリームが好きだ/I 〜 you in that dress. そのドレスを着ているあなたが好きだ. b 〔+to do/+doing〕〈…するのが〉(大)好きである《★〈用法〉likeの場合と同様〔+to do〕と〔+doing〕はしばしば区別なく用いられるが,〔+doing〕は特に一般的な場合か習慣的な行為について用いる;女性の好む表現》: She 〜s to be [〜s being] admired by young men. 彼女は若い男にちやほやされるのが好きだ/“Will you join us?”―“I’d 〜 to.” 「ご一緒しませんか」「喜んで」. c 〔+目+to do〕〈…が〉〈…するのを〉好む: I 〜 you to dress well. 君がりっぱな服装をすると実によい. d 〔+ for+【(代)名】+to do〕《米口語》〔…が〕〈…するのを〉好む: She’ll 〜 for you to come with her. 彼女はあなたが一緒に来てくれれば喜ぶだろう.3 〈動植物が〉〈…を〉好む,必要とする: Some plants 〜 shade. 植物の中には日陰を好む[に育つ]ものもある.
【自】愛する,恋をする.
L rd l ve you! [他人の間違いなどに対する驚きを表わして]まあ!
古期英語から;【形】lovely  
Res.2 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/07 22:34:33

love
Love is a profound feeling of tender affection for or intense attraction to another. It is considered a deep, ineffable feeling shared in passionate or intimate interpersonal relationships. However, in different contexts, the word love has a variety of related but distinct meanings: in addition to romantic love, which is characterized by a mix of emotional and sexual desire, other forms include platonic love, religious love, familial love, and the more casual application of the term to anyone or anything that one considers strongly pleasurable, enjoyable, or desirable, including activities and foods. This diverse range of meanings in a single word is commonly contrasted with the plurality of Greek words for love, reflecting the word’s versatility and complexity.
Although clearly and consistently defining love is a difficult task, and often a subject of much debate, different aspects of the word can be clarified by determining what isn’t "love". As a general expression of positive sentiment (a stronger form of like), love is commonly contrasted with hate (or neutral apathy); as a less sexual and more "pure" form of romantic attachment, love is commonly contrasted with lust; and as an interpersonal relationship with romantic overtones, love is commonly contrasted with friendship, though other definitions of the word love may be applied to close friendships in certain contexts.

The traditional Chinese character for love (愛) consists of a heart (middle) inside of "accept", "feel", or "perceive", which shows a graceful emotion.In ordinary use, love usually refers to interpersonal love, an experience felt by a person for another person. Love often involves caring for or identifying with a person or thing, including oneself (cf. narcissism).

The concept of love, however, is subject to debate. Some deny the existence of love. Others call it a recently-invented abstraction, sometimes dating the "invention" to courtly Europe during or after the middle ages—though this is contradicted by the sizable body of ancient love poetry. Others maintain that love really exists, and is not an abstraction, but is undefinable, being a quantity which is spiritual or metaphysical in nature. Some psychologists maintain that love is the action of lending one’s "boundary" or "self-esteem" to another. Others attempt to define love by applying the definition to everyday life.

Cultural differences make any universal definition of love difficult to establish. Expressions of love may include the love for a soul or mind, the love of laws and organizations, love for a body, love for nature, love of food, love of money, love for learning, love of power, love of fame, love for the respect of others, etc. Different people place varying degrees of importance on the kinds of love they receive. Love is essentially an abstract concept, easier to experience than to explain. Because of the complex and abstract nature of love, discourse on love is commonly reduced to a thought-terminating cliché, and there are a number of common proverbs regarding love, from Virgil’s "Love conquers all" to The Beatles’ "All you need is love". Bertrand Russell describes love as a condition of "absolute value", as opposed to relative value.

Types
Agape - the term was used by the early Christians (Greek to be specific, as the word is of Greek origin) to refer to an unconditional acceptance, favour and affinity toward a person. It is a love that is based on a decision instead of a feeling.
Courtly love – a late medieval conventionalized code prescribing certain conduct and emotions for ladies and their lovers
Cupboard love - a false or exaggerated affection shown in return for some kind of material gain
Erotic love (eros) – Sexual attraction or desire toward a person
Familial love – affection brokered through kinship connections, intertwined with concepts of attachment and bonding
Free love – sexual relations according to choice and unrestricted by marriage
Philia - used in the New Testament, philia is a sentimental or conditional love. i.e. "I love you, because..."
Platonic love – a close relationship in which sexual desire is non-existent or has been suppressed or sublimated
Puppy love – romantic affection that is not "mature" or not "true." The term is often used with negative connotations, insinuating that love between youngsters is less genuine or valuable
Religious love – devotion to one’s deity or theology
Romantic love – affection characterized by a mix of emotional intimacy and sexual desire
True love – love without condition, motive or attachment. Loving someone just because they are themselves, not their actions or beliefs in particular. Also referred to as unconditional love.
Unrequited love – affection and desire not reciprocated or returned
Lust-love - affection characterized by lust. i.e. The desire to satisfy or gratify oneself.
Instantaneous love - Love that occours the instant that one person comes in contact with another and feels a deep connection or attraction to the other. Also known as "love at first sight" and refered to commonly in many fairy tales and folk lore and literature.
Sacrificial love - the act of sacrificing one’s life, or something of great importance, solely on the basis of love.
Throughout history, predominantly, philosophy and religion have speculated the most into the phenomenon of love. In the last century, the science of psychology has written a great deal on the subject. Recently, however, the sciences of evolutionary psychology, evolutionary biology, anthropology, neuroscience, and biology have begun to take centre stage in discussion as to the nature and function of love.

Biological models of sex tend to see it as a mammalian drive, just like hunger or thirst. Psychology sees love as more of a social and cultural phenomenon. Psychologist Robert Sternberg created his Triangular theory of love and argued that love has three different components: Intimacy, Commitment, and Passion. Intimacy is a form where two people can share secrets and various details of their personal lives. Intimacy is usually shown in friendships and romantic love affairs. Commitment on the other hand is the expectation that the relationship is going to last forever. The last and most common form of love is simply sex, or passion. Passionate love is shown in infatuation as well as romantic love. This led researchers such as Yela to further refine the model by separating Passion into two independents components: Erotic Passion and Romantic Passion.

Res.3 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/07 23:09:20

参考になるかわかりませんが、JOHN LENNONの“LOVE"っていう曲聴いてみて下さい。 そして、自分なりに翻訳してみて下さい。 何か新しい“LOVE”気づくことができればいいですね。  
Res.4 by レス23 from バンクーバー 2006/10/07 23:56:35

「愛」

いつの間に、「愛される」ことで、人が始めて「愛」を感じるものになっていた。

真心を込めて、受け止めることと、僕はこう勝手に解釈しているつもりです。

一見受身であって、実に主動的で、ポジティブである。

追いかけることではない、実行すること。

決して破滅的ではない、継続の意味をする。

人生はこの「愛」に尽きるのではないのでしょうか。

Res.5 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/10/07 23:57:45

手紙の最後にLoveって書くのは
特に重い意味はありませんよ。
私は遠い親戚でも友達でも手紙の
最後はLOVEで締めくくります。(愛をこめて、という意味では。)
LOVE OXOXO(ハグ&キスですか?)とかさ。

カレシさんのLOTS OF LOVEは
可愛いですね。  
Res.6 by パリス from 無回答 2006/10/08 05:39:30

上のレスの人は正しいよ(笑)

貴方の言う手紙やメールの中で最後に書いている「LOVE」の意味は、そんな意味じゃないよ(笑)

時々、「LOVE」とか「LOTS OF LOVE」「YOUR ****(相手の名前)」とか書いてる人もいるよ〜直訳すると「貴方の****」でしょ?

でも、この手紙の最後の部分で使う意味はそんな意味じゃないのよね(笑)

別に大した意味じゃないよ。

それと、キツイ様だけど、この彼は止めた方がいいよ(笑)

この人は始め、貴方の事が好きで日本に来たのかもしれないけど、日本で外国人としてチヤホヤされて、変わったのよ(笑)

英会話の先生なんて、日本でしたら外国人好きの人達が毎日好みの先生を狙ってレッスンするから、自分はモテる!ってみんな勘違いしちゃうのよ(笑)

こうなったらもう彼は戻れないわ(笑)
今まで真面目だったのに、日本に来てから人格が変わってしまう外国人を何百人と見たからね(笑)

もう貴方が好きだった彼じゃなくなったのよ(笑)

Res.7 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/10/08 07:59:04

そうね、パリスの言う通り。英会話教師はやめた方がいいわ。バブルの当時、彼らは手取り40万円くらい取れたけど、今じゃ手取り20万円割っているみたいね。在日7年越すと30前後で老けて来て売り上げに響くからと仕事を減らさるか地方へ飛ばされる教師もいるよう。彼が言うとおり、トピ主さんの望みは得られないのが現実かもね。  
Res.8 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/08 20:32:43

↑結局金かい?
Love=Money???or Money can buy love??

Res.9 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/08 22:26:43

手紙のLoveは確かに深い意味は無いと思います。やはりmmさん自身の幸せを思うと、この彼のことは忘れたほうがいいと思います。
彼の言い方もmmさんに対してよくない断り方だったと思います。
優しさからそういうことを言うのかもしれませんが、相手がこれから前に進むためには引きずる思わせぶりな言い方をしてはいけないと思うんです。
手紙やメールもそうですが、大切に思うけど好きではない、とか、今は幸せにできない、とか・・・。実際、mmさんはそれできっぱりと忘れることができないのでしょう・・。でもきっと次の恋が忘れさせてくれるはずです。その時、きっとこの恋をいい思い出だったと思える日が必ず来ますよ。  
Res.10 by みみ from 日本 2006/10/08 23:47:06

Loveの意味だけに絞ります。
手紙の最後のloveは、皆さんがすでに述べたとおり。私のカナダ人の友人は、"Lots of love""Much love" などと手紙やメールの最後に書いてきます。日本でいうところの"愛"と、英語の"love"は、同じではないんですよね。
彼が言ってる"I am in love with you, but I don’t love you anymore" は、彼のあなたに対する気持ち、これからどうしたいのか、すべて入っていると思いますよ。つまり、「君に恋しているけど、もう愛してはいない」、感情としてのloveは残ってて、今でも大切な存在だけど、未来を共有することはできない、ということです。
率直で、厳しいようだけど思いやりのある言葉ではないですか?はっきりこう言ってあげられるのは、彼が本当にあなたのことを1人の大切な人としてrespectしてるからだと思います。でも、結婚とか、ずっとずっと深い意味での愛は与えてあげられないから、自分のために自分の人生を大切に生きてほしい。そういうメッセージが込められてるような気がします。
そんな彼の気持ちを汲んであげて、つらいでしょうけど、幸せになるようがんばってください。  
Res.11 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/09 09:22:48

カナダ人とか何人に限らず、人は時々相手の自分への気持ちを引っ張ったりplayしたりしてしまいますが、この ’彼’は実に正直な人だ、と思います。とぴ主さんも彼が言ったように ’自分のために何かを探して’がんばってください。  
Res.12 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/10/09 11:35:03

>you are very important to me. i am in love with you ,but i don’t love you anymore.

これは逆だと思うけど・・・
動詞としてのloveは家族、友達等に対しても使えるがin loveは恋愛、恋なので本当は
i love you but i’m not in love with you any more
じゃないのかな・・・?

で、みんな言ってるけど手紙の最後にloveって書くのは普通。勿論、恋人同士でも使うけど、regardsとか書くよりカジュアルで仲がいい友達とかにも使うから。  
Res.13 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/09 13:29:23

ダメ男にダメ女
女に貢がせるなどはマシな方で、ドメスティック・バイオレンス(DV)やストーキングの域に踏み入れているような病的なケースも多い。それを受け入れる女性の側にもまた共依存の傾向も見られる  
Res.14 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/10/09 15:23:23

れす12さんの言うこと、あってると私も思いました。
人間的に、まだ気にしてるけど、もう愛してないよってこと(分かれるボーダーライン?)だと思いました。

Res.15 by みみ from 日本 2006/10/10 04:46:55

ふつうに考えると、Res12さんの言うとおり、
I love you but I’m not in love with you anymore
という文句が、愛した人と別れる時のシチュエーションにしっくりくると思います。私の知人も離婚するときそういうことを言ってました。家族としての愛はあるし、今後も友人として愛したいけど、恋はもうしてない、と。
ただ、この彼の場合は違う気がしたのです。I don’t love you anymoreは誤解を招く言葉で、受け取り方によってはすごく相手を傷つける可能性がありますが(だって、人としても友人としてももう愛してない、ととられかねない)、彼は「恋人として好きな気持ちはあるけど、結婚を考えられない」ということをハッキリ知らせるために、あえて"I don’t love you"と言ったのかな?と。
カナディアンとか英語圏の人って、loveを連発しているようで、恋人同士の間での意味の重いloveは、本当に確信があって、ちゃんと意味を込めて言いますよね、実際は。映画とかでさえそういうシーンをよく見ますし、私の主人は、つきあっていても、本当にお互い深い信頼関係を築こうとし始める時まで、"I love you"は言ってくれませんでした。だから、彼に初めて"I love you" と言われた時のことは、すごく大事な思い出というか、大きな一歩を踏み出した瞬間として、鮮明に覚えています。
コリアンの男の子で、そのへんがおそらくよくわかってなかった子に告白されたとき、つきあってほしいという意思表示がわりに"I love you"と言われたことがあります。彼は"I like you"というと、友達としての”好き”としかとられないだろうと思って、あえて"love"を使ったのだと思いますが、ちょっと戸惑ったというか、変な気分でした。後でよくよく考えて、彼の意図がわかったのですが。
人それぞれ、歴史やつきあいの深さ、恋愛に対する考え、色々違うので、解釈も千差万別ですよね。トピ主さんが彼の真意を知りえて、前向きに歩き始められることを祈っています。  
Res.16 by Tony from ???潟?�?若??? 2006/10/10 08:41:34

sorry to hear of wot u going through. He loves how u treat him and what he gets from you but he doesn’t love you enough to promise you anything or make you wait for him. I think you should take what you learned from this relation and move on.  
こいばな(恋話)トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network