また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
フリー掲示板
この掲示板はノンジャンルです。あなたのささいな質問から
仲間内の自由なおしゃべりまで、ご自由にご利用下さい。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.6879
DINING OUT IN VANCOUVER
by TIM from バンクーバー 2006/07/15 23:01:05

I’M WONDERING WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE CAN’T FIGURE OUT THE CONSEPT OF TIPING. WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT RESTAURANT AND BAR WORKERS DEPEND ON THEIR TIPS TO SURVIVE. WE RECEIVE VERY SMALL WAGES AND USUALLY HAVE TO DIVIDE TIPS AMONG ALOT OF CO-WORKERS. I ASK YOU TO RESPECT CANADIAN CUSTOMS AND OFFER A RESPECTABLE TIP WHENEVER YOU GO OUT. USUALLY ESL STUDENTS GO OUT IN GROUPS OF 10 OR MORE. SO PLEASE CONSIDER THAT YOU MAY BE TAKING OVER A LARGE PORTION OF AN ESTABLISHMENTS SEATING CAPASITY. USUALLY YOU STAY FOR EXTREAMLY LONG PERIODS OF TIME AND ORDER MINIMAL AMOUNTS OF FOOD AND ALCOHOL. BY DOING THIS YOU MIGHT BE TAKING OVER A RESTAURANTS PEAK MONEY MAKING TIME. KEEP IN MIND THAT A REGULAR GROUP OF 10 PEOPLE WILL USUALLY SPEND AROUND 30$ PER PERSON AND STAY FOR AROUND 1 HOUR TO 1.5 HOURS AND TIP AROUND 20%. IF YOU ARE SITTING AT A RESTAURANT SHARING 2 PITCHERS OF BEER BETWEEN 10 PEOPLE, STAY FOR 3 HOURS AND LEAVE 0% TIP YOU ARE AFFECTING ALOT OF PEOPLE. WE REALLY WANT YOU AS CUSTOMERS BUT PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND CONSIDER WE ARE TRYING TO SURVIVE AND OFFER SERVICES TO EVERYBODY. IF YOU HAVE A BILL OF $150 LEAVE A TIP OF $15 -$20 NOT $2.5O OR IF YOU ORDER A BEER GIVE THE SERVER AT LEAST A 50 CENT TIP...... GO OUT ENJOY YOUR TIME IN CANADA GET DRUNK MEET PEOPLE BUT THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE SERVING YOU THANKS

Res.1 by タルタロス from バンクーバー 2006/07/15 23:36:58

、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、
、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、気のせいだ。  
Res.2 by tim from バンクーバー 2006/07/16 00:05:35

MY IMAGINATION THAT JAPANESE PEOPLE BAD TIPPERS??? I WORK WITH ALOT OF JAPANESE CO WORKERS. WE ALL AGREE JAPANESES, KOREANS, MEXICANS, AND BRAZILIANS ARE REALLY SHITTY TIPPERS, IT SUCKS  
Res.3 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/16 00:26:17

>WE RECEIVE VERY SMALL WAGES

If you think so, why don’t you quit, go to school and get a better job.  
Res.4 by Viva Australia, Japan, Korea from バンクーバー 2006/07/16 01:02:23

Ow, my eyes hurt from reading that post. Learn to spell and turn off the damn caps lock key.

Secondly, has it ever occurred to you that tips are an OPTIONAL REWARD for good service, not a RIGHT? Perhaps it has something to do with the quality of your service.

If you feel that you are not getting enough money, you have a couple options:
1. Find a different line of work
2. Work someplace where you don’t have to deal with Japanese customers, like a fine dining restaurant in Podunk, Saskatchewan
3. Talk to your boss about increasing your pay

Option #4 is NOT to make some stupid blanket statement about a whole nationality of YOUR CUSTOMERS, without whom you wouldn’t even have a job.

You’re bound to piss off a lot of people with your attitude of entitlement. Think of all the people who work their asses off and don’t get tips: janitors, line cooks, etc. We all have choices and obligations. Now make your choice and live with it.  
Res.5 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/16 02:06:56

レス4、ナイス・コメント!  
Res.6 by tim from バンクーバー 2006/07/16 14:30:09

res 3. I am working this job to pay for school. Sorry i don’t have rich parents like you to pay everything for me  
Res.7 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/16 14:46:22

Me too though
"my eyes hurt from reading that post. Learn to spell and turn off the damn caps lock key. "

It shows who and what you are.

Res.8 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/16 20:07:21

>>res 3. I am working this job to pay for school. Sorry i don’t have rich parents like you to pay everything for me 

I don’t have rich parents like you said. I had two jobs while I was in school and soon I paid off my student loan. So you want everyone to feel sorry for you and give you good tips?  
Res.9 by tim from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 00:55:12

I don’t beleive I said anything about wanting people to feel sorry for me. I only said that you f*ck heads should respect Canadian customs. I work hard for my money am a good server and give good service to everyone. I don’t need disrespectful asshole’s as customers. I’m talking about esl students who drink 2 beer turn red, throw up on the floor and can’t figure out how to piss in the toilet. Why do they piss in the f*cking garbage can? Is that some f*cked up asian custom. Anyway had a great night at work tonight, all Canadian customers and older tourists who were happy with their dinning experience, no drunk ass esl retards there to piss everybody off.  
Res.10 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 01:43:57

I really think tips are depend on the service.
If you do not get any tips that means your service is pretty bad. I always give good tips when the service is good.
So if you wanna get good ones, just be nice to customers.
And if you are not happy, just tell them face to face.

Res.11 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/17 02:43:05

What do you think saying all that’s gonna accomplish?
If you’re talking about ESL students, do you think they can read your thread with your messed-up English, trailer trash?  
Res.12 by tim from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 03:17:03

you are a f*cking idiot. if you understood english you should have figured out what i was saying from the begining. I think you should have worked 4 jobs and paid for a real school. it amazes me how f*cking stupid you are.  
Res.13 by hiromi from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 03:45:58

yomizurakute moushiwakenainodesuga doushitemo toukoushitakute kakikomi shimasu.

watashimo japanese restaurant de hataraiterunodesuga nihon nokata wa TIP sukunai to omoimasushi harawanai hitomo takusan imasu.mochiron shikkari harattekurerukata mo imasuga...
koko wa nihon zya naidesu.minasan kibishisugi...
service ga waruikara TIP nashi toka ariemasen.
saiteigen no TIP kurai haraimasyou.
haraenainonara konakute kekkou!!  
Res.14 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/17 05:48:13

wow, real clever calling me an idiot when you can’t answer back.
THIS coming from a guy who can’t even spell or even express emotions without repeating profanity. tch tch tch.
And you expect us to believe that you actually pay for school? What school would that be? Adult school?

Like I stated in the last res., IF you’re talking about ESL students, who probably cannot read normal English, why bother? They won’t understand your trailer trash talk anyway. Got it?
It is, in fact, your stupidity that’s most amazing.  
Res.15 by tim from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 08:51:48

ya i know i’m clever, almost as cleaver as you. is this all you do, spend all day lookin for people who post messages in english so you can give your standard reply of calling them trailer trash, seems to be a pattern with you. sorry i don’t put much care into writing 10 second posts to retards who can’t read english anyway and loosers who can’t get laid so they spend all their time replying to every post on jp canada. guess i should be more like you and spend 4 hours writing replies with my little electronic dictionary and thesoris.  
Res.16 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/17 09:23:53

↑負け犬w  
Res.17 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/17 09:38:45

「負け犬」。。。賛成!
格好悪いですねぇ まだほえてる。
チップがもらえないのは、貴方のそんな態度が見えみえで
お客さんがいい思いをしなかったからですよ〜。
文章にもそんな感じが本当に良く出てます。:)  
Res.18 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 12:53:41

Please tell to Chinese, before claiming to Japanese.

Res.19 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 13:29:44

Tim-san, just keep smiling and forget about whoever you call idiot. You will get generous tip from someone else anyway...  
Res.20 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/17 13:51:18

Somehow, I get the feeling that Tim is just another chink or korean who just wants to start a flame war. Is that just me?  
Res.21 by tim from バンクーバー 2006/07/17 14:57:54

thank you finally some people send some real reply’s. i was getting tired of talking to that other jerk. the only thing he’s trying to do is start a flame war and the only thing he can say is how bad my english is and how i’m trailer trash and a girl. very mature. i was never trying to put down japanese people i was trying to raise awareness about tipping. and how it sucks when you try to give the best service possible and still get no tip from alot of customers. (usually large groups of esl students) I like serving customers and meeting new people and have many friends from different countries. i just wish that people would who come here to learn english and experience a canadian way of life would think about tipping when they go out. I know alot of other servers at alot of different restaurants and they all complain about this too, we all feel really disrespected when no tip is given for no apparent reason. thank you again and i hope some real people reply to this  
Res.22 by 無回答 from 無回答 2006/07/17 20:27:03

Tim,, just calm down. u dont need to deal w/ these ppl. many stupid ppl use JPCANADA.. just dont swear back. i think u are mature enough... also, i understand what u said. some ppl just dont know how to tip. thats true. and i dont know why ppl get so offended about this topic.  
フリー掲示板トップ 新規投稿 jpcanada.com トップ
Supported by Spencer Network