また、掲示板上で誹謗・中傷を受けた場合は、速やかにサイト管理者までご連絡をお願いいたします。→連絡先
フリー掲示板
この掲示板はノンジャンルです。あなたのささいな質問から
仲間内の自由なおしゃべりまで、ご自由にご利用下さい。
新規投稿される方は、こちらへ(アイコンの説明もあります)
No.16385
日本からバイクを送る方法
by YAMAHA from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 11:35:52

日本からYAMAHAの250ccのバイク(1998年製)をカナダに個人で送ることは可能でしょうか??もしなにかご存知の方いらっしゃれば教えていただきたいです。カナダのサイトも見ましたが車しか見当たらず自動車二輪の規定がわかりませんでした。よろしくお願いします。

Res.1 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 13:51:15

バイクはOKです、廃車にして廃車証明書を取り、運送屋に渡せば梱包して送ってくれます、ビルオブレディングがきたら、税関に行って通関し、関税とPSTを払い、ICBCで登録し保険を買えば乗れます。  
Res.2 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 13:53:45

Res.3 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 14:38:09

15年以上経ったオートバイしか輸入できないようですね。  
Res.4 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 15:08:27

I first went down to the dealer and paid for the bike. I got a Certificate of Vehicle Origin, a recall clearance letter stating that there are no factory recalls for the bike (Canada requires that) and, of course, the bill of sale. Then I had to report to US export control where they photocopied my CVO and told me to come back at least 72 hours later.
72 hours later I brought the bike back on a trailer. US customs does an "inspection" before you can leave, which is basically to make sure the bike is what you claim it is and that the VIN matches the CVO. Then they stamp it. You then report to Customs Canada. There you pay 7% GST and get your Registrar of Imported Vehicles paperwork filled out (Form 1).
With all your documentation you then go to the RIV office, show them all your papers, pay $209 and receive Form 2. With Form 2 you go to a Canadian Tire store and they do an "inspection". It was a simple safety check and also a VIN check. They sign your Form 2.
Then you need insurance. This was a bit tricky. I ended up calling around 10 places. It can get frustrating since no one knows what an ex250 is, or they give you some outrageous quote (well over $2000/year) or more commonly tell you they can’t insure it because its a super sport (yeah right!). The cheapest insurance quote I got was the company (Primmum) my dad was insured under on his bike and what I was insured on as "occasional rider". But, the catch was they wanted me to get an appraisal on the bike, and no amount of trying to reason with them helped.
Anyway, the appraisal thing was unexpected and it wasted another week before I could ride the bike. I ended up paying $175 so some "qualified" guy could come over, take a few pictures, write down some specs, and simply use my bill of sale plus taxes to determine what the bike was worth.
After the insurance agreed to insure me, I went to a Ministry of Transportation office. There I paid 8% PST and a $10 "transfer fee". They took my CVO and gave me an Ontario registration. I got a license plate and sticker, and almost 3 weeks after initially paying for the bike I finally got to ride it.

Res.5 by YAMAHA from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 23:12:33

ありがとうございます!!

Res.6 by YAMAHA from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 23:13:23

15年以上ですか。。ではやっぱり無理なのかもしれませんね。
ありがとうございます  
Res.7 by YAMAHA from バンクーバー 2009/02/13 23:14:48

ICBCは盲点でした。。。皆さんホントに教えてくださってありがとうございます。  
Res.8 by 無回答 from バンクーバー 2009/02/14 09:09:19

送りたいバイクがご自分の所有物であれば
条件付で可能ですよ!

それは、大まかな話ですが、
自分の引越し荷物の一部として持ち込むのですが